Dark Master Mind

I know you can have a dark secondary power with a master mind. how about as a primary? with all the dark "pets" is should not be too hard to make a set of Minions for MM. and some could be adapted Fire controller "pets" could be given a dark flame.

• Like 1

Personally, I would love to see a "Spell Pets" MM.  The Night Ward living spells practically SCREAM "make me mastermind pets", and the thematic possibilities are practically endless.   Fire/Ice/Lightning spells as the tier 1 minions.   Healer Light Spell/Debuffer Dark Spell as the T2.  Animated Staff or Animated Tome as the T3 Heavy Hitter.   Lots of potential there, and having a cool "wizard" themed magical Mastermind would be pretty sweet.

Heck, if you wanted to get really unique (though I am not sure the MM pet code would allow it), giving them a set of abilities similar to the DP Ammo selection that allowed you to swap your T1 pets for utility would be an awesome route to go.   Something like allowing you to chose between all Fire Spells (more damage), all Ice (control through slows) or all Lightning (end drain or something) would be neat.

Edited by SurfD
  • Like 1

There's even room for the traditional two signature wizard spells as the mastermind's personal attacks, in such a set. Lightning Bolt as the second attack and Fireball as the AoE. Maybe rename Power Bolt from Energy Blast and have the first attack be Magic Missile, too.

More on topic of the original suggestion, Black Swan's shadow minions have three tiers and could theoretically be used as pets more or less as is. But the minion and lieutenant shadows use the same recoloured fire imp model, which isn't really fitting with how mastermind pets usually have unique looks. And the boss shadow is just a renamed Dark Servant, which is already available to masterminds with the right secondary. You could possibly use the Haunt and Umbra Beast pets from Dark Control as the T2 and T3 pets with the minor shadows as the T1 and then they'd at least all be unique, though they still have no variant costumes as you upgrade them without additional work.

Edited by General Idiot

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?