For Old & New. Basic Guide to help.

JJDrakken

I have been noticing lately(quite a bit). People not knowing what to do, where to do, how to do this, confused, scared to ask, etc..  This mostly to answer/help those with same issues/questions I keep seeing a lot of. Not a full comprehensive list.

Be it they are honestly new, returning players who quit at an X issue or can't recall things, or mix of both who are only taught to sit in A.E. & nothing else(Man I'd kill for a server with A.E. turned off).  Either way, I feel I've been teaching a lot of late. Examples, I had one person say they never knew anything beyond this game except Atlas Park & A.E, another told me they didn't want to anything but door sit, another who had no idea where/how to get to RWZ.  That's not them(ok some), but that's mostly on rest ya'll teaching the new/old folks horrible habits. I avoid A.E. like a plague(Less to show off my story, not a farm)  Anyways enough of the A.E. Rant, 😛

Guide

--------

1. Hi, WHAT DO I DO?  Well you made yer guy/gal/mutant penguin karate thing. Ignore everyone else yammering in chats, in fact. Edit the chats, by right clicking the tabs & editing and make them as loud or quiet as you want. Example: 1 Tab is LFG. Just LFG/Broadcast, Another is First tab with Help, Local, LFG, General removed, 3rd tab is removed or edited to something in particular.  This will help cut down the noise.(Top Tabs) Bottom Tab I just remove broadcast.

2. Look at your Nav Bar(Hit N key to make it show up or go away). See what it has you do, dink around for hour or so, get the flow & feel. If someone says A.E., run away from it like a flaming death frog.

3. Once you get hang of the game or feel comfortable enough to team with folks, check LFG tab you have. Then type /lfg (insert AT/Lvl/Blue or Red) LFT. This helps the 5% of the population who are leading teams to determine if yer a right fit for what they need/want in the team. Don't be discouraged if you don't get any bites right away(especially if your a blaster, they are a  nickel a dozen). DO NOT use LFG Que, unless your are specifically trying to do DFB/DiB/Special Trials.  It was never truly flushed out(So don't think WoW Group finder). It also prevents folks from being able to actually invite you to a team. Don't be scared if a much higher level person invites you to the team. SIDEKICK SYSTEM raises you level to 1 level below them. Now if you decline because you want to experience content around your level, that is fine, just let em know. Sometimes us team leads get confused why someone just leaves.

4. GREAT I'M ON A TEAM, NOW WHAT???  Well your Nav bar(remember N key if you can't find it) will 95% time tell you right direction to go. If it doesn't seem to or your really 100% not sure, ask. If you get someone say check Nav bar, explain it may not be showing you proper way. 

Now you know where to go, now what?  Well you have various Options. Blueside(Hero). You have Trams/Trains. They will take you to majority of the non hazard zones. Next to Atlas & Founder's Fall train is a Rainbow looking portal, that called Tunnel system. It can take you to some places you normally can't get to via train also. There is also the Ferry in Talos Island that takes you to Peregrine Island(or Tunnel).  HEY WAIT, WHERE IS ALL THIS? Check your map(Again Nav bar). Should show a lot of what I am say.  GREAT! But how do I get to this place called Rikti War Zone??? Check your map in Atlas Park, Founder's Fall, & Peregrine Island, look for a V inside a circle. That is the Vanguard Depot. Go inside that take a portal or go through Crey's Folly(Long way around).  CREY'S FOLLY, THAT'S NOT ON THE TRAM?!?!  Yes, I know. Each zone has access points on either side to other zones or hazard zones. CF is off of Brickstown.

GREAT!! But now someone asking me to come to some weird place called Cimerora, sounds great, how do I get there?  Two ways. 1. Do the mission arc provided by a contact in the college that will eventually give you the badge to access the Midnighters Club or B. Take the tunnel system to Night Ward & go inside the mansion on the hill, once you enter you obtain the badge. Now you have the badge go back to either Steel Canyon, Croatoa, or Founder's Falls, go to Midnighter's Club(check map). Once you go in, go through second doors to a crystal with a flame in it. Click said Crystal, BAM, yer in Croatoa.  FANTASTIC, But I play Redside(Villians).  GREAT, we can be friends now(chuckles). Redside is a bit more streamlined. Every zone has a ferry goes to next higher zone as well as Helicopter system that act's like a smaller Tram with more access points.  They too also have a Tunnel system.  Redside has less zones then Blue, but much harder content & better stories 🙂 

GREAT! Is there any other ways of travel I should know???  Sure, SGBase Teleporters be it your own or Team Leaders(if they have that option open). Mission Teleporter, Team Mission Teleporter, Orobouros Teleporter, Long Range Teleport, Pocket D.  OMG, THAT"S SO MUCH!! HOW WHEN WHERE WHY WHO??  Just relax. A lot of this stuff is for later on in the game, don't worry.  GREAT!

Teaming

---------------

I'm on this team what do I do?  Just like you were doing solo you are doing with a team. It's a good idea to stick with them & watch. See how things are going & do your best. If for some reason, everyone running around nilly willy & team lead doesn't care, go crazy.  If you see folks following team lead, stick to group. I mean who joins a group to solo?(You'd be surprised how many people do) Do your best, most team leaders understand shit happens, but as long everyone is trying, they'll get over it(least good ones do). THIS IS GREAT, LOOK ALL THE COLORS! Yup, now we got that out of the way. Lets give you some pointers to help you out in the long run.

-------------

Try save your cash to get IOs or Attuned Enhancements, maybe not first time around(your first 50), But with said 50 you can do 50 content to make cash to fund your new Heroes or Villains.

Know how to get to Pocket D(WHAT?!?!)  Easiest way to remember. King's Row or Port Oaks. Again use your map. Inside said place you'll find a Seagull on a Truck. This Seagull can also change your alignment, highly suggest you become a Vigilante or Rogue(Blue & Red's version of I can play on your lawn too). This opens up A LOT OF CONTENT for you. But you can also do this via Tip Missions(They start dropping at 20+) WHAT ARE THOSE? Well under Contacts, click Tip Tab, you can do a mission it provides. if you are wanting to change your alignment, select  Option you are not.

If you type /ah Player's market shows up(WHATS THAT??). It's a place you can buy & sell salvage/recipes. WHAT ARE THOSE? You use salvage to craft recipes/IOs for your powers. WHAT?? Click enhancements & then Manage. You'll see your powers with circles below them. This were you place TO, DO, SO, IO, Recipes into. Recipes when put together in same set offer extra bonuses and/or effects to you & your powers. WOW, I know right? But you can also access the Wentworths or Black Market face to face as well.  Examples: Atlas Park or Cap Au Diable.(Again check map)

I got stuff called Merits what are those? That means you completed a Story Arc or a Taskforce, Strikeforce, or Trial. You can use said merits at a Merit Vendor to buy recipes or Hero/Villain tokens, etc.. WHERE ARE THOSE? Various places, like RWZ for example.(Remember how to get there?)

Hey I got this power that says Phases...STOP STOP RIGHT THERE! Phase Powers(Like Black Hole or Sonic Cage). Are gross & unwanted powers by 95% of the teams out there. If you do decide to get said power(say for soloing) Only use it if it's to prevent a TPK or your own death. They honestly annoy/anger/down right make folks want to murder you. WHY!?!?!  Because this game about grouping & exploding said groups in a fast fashion. When they are phased, well that doesn't happen. 

Man I love Knockback powers....well least someone does.  Just again be aware said powers can annoy folks, use them wisely.

What's A.E., I hear about it a lot...-sighs-.   A.E. is a place that lets you create your own story content for yourself/others to experience. You can get Badges, XP, Cash, Salvage, etc.. from doing that. OMG THAT'S SO COOL, SO I CAN MAKE MY SUPER KITTY FUNTIME MURDERBOWL? ....Yes?  But mostly folks just use it to farm and PL lazy folks.  FARM??? That's when you repeat same mission over & over & over & over again to gain rewards...OH... Yea I know....I WANNA FARM!!! Well have at it, its your account do what you want. But please be responsible and teach others about other stuff before A.E., please.

THANKS FOR ALL THIS! Not a problem. Final piece of advice. If you see someone or see a name in your chat(You can right click the person or name in chat, go to Add/Edit notes. This allows you to see global handle, add/reduce stars & put in notes on said account. This allows you see Stars you placed on said person no matter what toon they are on. WHAT?!? WHY HUH??  This allows you to rank your encounters or get global handles to maybe add them as a global friend or ignore.  It's QoL thing & helps with avoiding folks who you found that annoyed you. LIKE YOU!! Yes even me. 

But if you get a global handle of @JJDrakken  Do me a favor, don't run off solo in my team, put int he work with rest of us, & have fun, but not at expense of others. 🙂

Edited by JJDrakken
typos