Remaking an old character from Live...Staff/Elec

Crysis

I played a Staff/Elec many, many years ago.  I seem to recall it was pretty stout (other than a big glaring hole in Psi/Toxic damage), and even took Taunt so I could do a little off-hand tanking as needed in PVE.  

At any rate, trying to remake the build from memory.  I unfortunately didn't save it back in the day.

This one has softcapped +DEF to S/L and Melee.  And 84% S/L Resists and hardcapped Energy resists.  

Solid attack chain from what I can tell via MIDS as well.  END use was a little high but I think I crammed in enough procs to fix that.

Critique or feedback please?

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Staff Elec Broot: Level 50 Technology Brute
Primary Power Set: Staff Fighting
Secondary Power Set: Electric Armor
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Precise Strike -- SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), Acc-I(25)
Level 1: Charged Armor -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(5), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(7), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(27)
Level 2: Guarded Spin -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(5), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), ScrDrv-Dam%(50)
Level 4: Conductive Shield -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(9), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), RctArm-ResDam(11)
Level 6: Lightning Field -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(21)
Level 8: Staff Mastery 
Level 10: Static Shield -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(23), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(27), RctArm-ResDam(46)
Level 12: Eye of the Storm -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(13), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(13), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Obl-%Dam(33)
Level 14: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 16: Grounded -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(48)
Level 18: Serpent's Reach -- SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(A), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(33)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 22: Lightning Reflexes -- Run-I(A)
Level 24: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A)
Level 26: Innocuous Strikes -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(33), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-%Dam(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37)
Level 28: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(43), RctArm-ResDam(43), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(46)
Level 32: Sky Splitter -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(34), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(34), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), TchofDth-Dam%(37)
Level 35: Energize -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(40), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(40), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(40), Pnc-Heal(42), Pnc-Heal/+End(50)
Level 38: Power Sink -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), PrfShf-End%(39), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(39), MckBrt-Taunt(39), MckBrt-Rchg(42), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(42)
Level 41: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(48)
Level 44: Taunt -- MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(45), MckBrt-Taunt(45), MckBrt-Rchg(45)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 49: Superior Conditioning -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 4: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(21)
Level 4: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(23), EndMod-I(46)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 8: Form of the Body 
Level 8: Form of the Mind 
Level 8: Form of the Soul 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment 
------------

Some notes:

• I think you're too focused on S/L defense. Since Guarded Spin gives you a pile of stackable Lethal Defense, you don't really need to put much effort into S/L. If you focus on F/C/E/N instead, you'll probably end up covering Smashing from the secondary defenses since most Smashing attacks are hybrids with various other forms. Going for Melee defense is just bizarre since Guarded Spin will completely cover that.
  • Almost universally, powers with knockback should slot Force Feedback +recharge. For Staff, I tend to go 3-slot Eradication (or Sirocco's), 2-slot Obliteration and Force Feedback. That gives you three procs, some great E/N defense and solid S/L resist.
  • Unrelenting Fury isn't all that great a set. 6-slotting it is bizarre given you'll hard cap Energy resist without any real effort.
  • Grounded can often be skipped since Combat Jumping covers Immobilize and various unique IOs cover Knockback.
  • 6-slotting Panacea is counterproductive. You don't need the 6-slot bonus and you almost certainly want the proc in a power like Health.
  • Power SInk is often unnecessary since Electric is already great at endurance management.
  • Superior Conditioning is probably unnecessary as well. There are generally better Epic/Patron options.

Thanks for the ideas.

I do have to ask though....since /Elec is a Resistance set, why -wouldn't- I want to focus on softcapping S/L and Melee?  I don' t have to resist stuff that misses me, and I'm going to be in Melee almost 100% of the time so....maybe I'm missing something?  Guarded Spin adds 10-12% Lethal/Melee +DEF and I'm well aware I can double stack that, but that starts to mess a bit with the combo mechanism I think?

And I went Superior Conditioning mainly because I'm looking for one-slot wonders, and doing so lets me maintain the Form of the Body or Mind as opposed to Form of the Soul mode.  Like I said...it's been years since I played this on Live but I seem to recall that was preferred to the END discount Form of the Soul provided.  And if I take your advice and add a bunch of FF+Rech procs into attacks...then I'm concerned I'll burn END that much faster.  Maybe I'm overthinking this.