Need slotting help with Demon/EA build.

vtshadow314

Would someone please help me slot this build out. I am using another persons build. Credit to  (Dr Causality) But for the life of me I cant figure out the slotting. I'm pretty poor in game and will only be using SO for a long while. Probably a mix of Solo and Team play. I wont be touching the high end content solo so don't worry about that.

So if you could, please help me slot this out. Feel free to make changes to anything I obviously screwd up. I tried to get the slotting right, but I know I made some mistakes.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Demonshock: Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Demon Summoning
Secondary Power Set: zn_Electrical Affinity
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Force of Will
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Summon Demonlings -- EndRdx(A), HO:Nucle(3), HO:Nucle(3), HO:Nucle(7)
Level 1: Shock -- Empty(A), Empty(9), Empty(19), Empty(40), Empty(42)
Level 2: Rejuvenating Circuit -- Empty(A), Empty(7), Empty(11), Empty(23), Empty(34)
Level 4: Discharge -- Empty(A), Empty(9), Empty(21), Empty(31), Empty(34), Empty(42)
Level 6: Enchant Demon -- EndRdx(A)
Level 8: Hover -- Empty(A), Empty(45), Empty(46)
Level 10: Energizing Circuit -- Empty(A), Empty(11), Empty(17), Empty(25), Empty(25), Empty(37)
Level 12: Summon Demons -- Empty(A), Empty(13), Empty(13), Empty(15), Empty(15), Empty(19)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- Empty(A), Empty(48)
Level 16: Faraday Cage -- Empty(A), Empty(17)
Level 18: Hell on Earth -- Empty(A), Empty(21), Empty(33), Empty(34), Empty(37)
Level 20: Crack Whip -- Empty(A), Empty(23), Empty(36), Empty(40)
Level 22: Empowering Circuit -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Assault -- Empty(A), Empty(48)
Level 26: Summon Demon Prince -- Empty(A), Empty(27), Empty(27), Empty(29), Empty(29)
Level 28: Defibrillate -- Empty(A), Empty(31), Empty(39), Empty(39), Empty(42)
Level 30: Corruption -- Empty(A), Empty(31), Empty(33), Empty(33)
Level 32: Abyssal Empowerment -- Empty(A)
Level 35: Insulating Circuit -- Empty(A), Empty(36), Empty(36), Empty(37), Empty(39), Empty(40)
Level 38: Web Envelope -- Empty(A), Empty(43), Empty(45)
Level 41: Power Boost -- Empty(A), Empty(43), Empty(43), Empty(45), Empty(46)
Level 44: Combat Jumping -- Empty(A), Empty(46)
Level 47: Weaken Resolve -- Empty(A), Empty(48)
Level 49: Fly -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Supremacy
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A), Empty(5), Empty(5)
Level 1: Cold Demonling
Level 1: Fiery Demonling
Level 1: Hellfire Demonling
Level 12: Ember Demon
Level 12: Hellfire Gargoyle
Level 26: Demon Prince
------------

Edited by vtshadow314

/EA starts slow.   You don't get your best survival power with Absorb until a late lvl 35.     /EA also doesn't give you much of any dmg increasing powers, or mitigation like slows, -Tohit, Mezzes etc.  So you'll probably want to play /EA very differently while leveling, then you might at higher level builds with access to Epic Pools and Incarnate.    I'd recommend making a leveling build or even build(s) that you expect to respec out of later. 

Overall leveling Thoughts:

Fight in the Cage - It will be really important to keep pets and the fights inside Faraday Cage, but you won't have immobilize or even a slow while leveling.    I strongly recommend taking Provoke to Taunt enemies into fighting in your Cage.   This means you'd leave you're pets in Defensive Follow mode, so they stay in Bodyguard mode which distributes a portion of any damage your MM takes out your pets.   That damage distribution means your otherwise fragile low HP MM can use your pets HP pool to effectively take much larger hits, and your aoe chain heal, can then easily heal away the damage that's spread across you and all your pets. 

Hover - which you have in your build is very helpful for mitigating damage and works in well in Tandem with Provoke to help to keep Taunted enemies inside the cage.   Don't bother slotting for Def while leveling. It's a small amount and you won't have enough Def from other sources to matter much.     But there are some IO's that would greatly help you.   Kismet +Tohit, Reactive Defense, +Res and Shield Wall +Res.   Unfortunately all of those are fairly expensive and you mentioned being a bit resource strapped...

Discharge - Your best mitigation while leveling is probably the -End Drain from Discharge.  This won't start to be viable until after level 20 or so and will take a lot of slots to get both the Endurance and Accuracy.  Once you get Diffibrillate at lvl 28, it will be easy to Drain Enemies and Discharge will keep them drained.  But until then it will take several applications... And Discharge has a 20s base cooldown, so even best case you're gong to be taking a lot of damage while you're initially draining enemies. 

Crack Whip - Slotted with a ForceFeeback proc, and Annihilation chance for -Res, will help immensely when leveling.  The +Recharge buff from the FF proc can help make up for lack of global Rech set bonuses.   Works best against larger spawn, since it gets more chances to proc, but only needs to proc on one enemies for you to get the full buff.

Unique Pet IO's -  Defense won't matter as much, but you're going to really want the three +Res IO's.  

Summon Demon's - Should be slotted for some Resistance so the Ember Shield provides more survivability.    I recommend putting one or two Attuned IO's in so they can keep increasing in power as you level.  

Tough - Consider the Fighting Pool so you can get an early Tough.    Weave is probably not worth it while leveling an /EA, since you'll very few other sources of Def making your overall Def numbers low.    With little or no Defense you'll be taking a lot of hits, either way.   That means Tough's +15% base Smash/Lethal Resistance will stack nicely with Faraday cage and Ember Shield, to reduce the damage you actually take from all that abuse.   This is very important in Bodyguard mode, because it reduces the damage distributed out to  your pets... 

Prestige Attacks - MM's attacks are pretty weak in general.   Cruelly at low level the prestige attacks like Sands of Mu, do as much or more damage than most of your own attacks.   These can be very useful to fill in you when you don't have many powers.   And once you have some combo of Kismet, Empowering Circuit and Tactics, you'll have enough +Tohit that you can land Prestige attacks fairly reliably. 

In terms of the specific build you posted.  

I'll go through power by power:

Summon Demonlings 

• Needs more slots.   At low levels enhancements are weaker,  so you need even more slots to reach high accuracy and damage.   Your pets are the main source of your dmg, and you need room for some pet uniques.   Expect to 6-slot all MM pet powers.   Probably even Hell on Earth (although in some builds you might wait until higher level for the last few slots...)

Shock

• Too many slots.  You won't have many slots at lower level, and you can make better use of the ones you do get elsewhere.      Slot for accuracy, but probably nothing else. 

Maneuvers ( and Leadership)

• Demons/EA at low level, with no Incarnate or Epic powers just won't have enough Def to make much difference.    Even if you take Maneuvers early, you probably still wouldn't actually run it and it would likely be taken Primarily to unlock access to Tactics and for a free inherent slot for a Def IO like Reactive Defense or Kismet.    At low levels accuracy is a much bigger DPS problem than pure lack of damage. This is especially true because your T1 pets are lower level than you.      So Tactics is the best early leadership skill for a MM.   I would only take Leadership early to get Tactics faster. 

Energizing Circuit

• The high Endurance cost is the same at low level.   But at low levels you won't be able to get the Endurance slotted high enough to recover that Endurance cost.  Likewise you won't be able to do much Endurance Reduction slotting.     You aren't going to want to use this power until the net return of Endurance is much greater than the cost.     I would probably delay taking this until after lvl 20 or so when enhancements are more powerful, and when you'll have more slots available.

Summon Demon's

• I already mentioned this, but you'll want to slot them for some Resistance to buff the Ember shield. Attuned IO's are the way to go, so you don't need to perpetually slot higher level  enhancements....

Faraday Cage

• Needs more slots.  This is a key part of you and your pets survival.  At low levels enhancements are weaker, so it will take more of them to get to the fully enhanced Resistance total you ideally want/need.   This is also a pretty high Endurance cost power,  and you may need to recast it to move it around during fights.   So when possible it's also nice to have both Endurance Reduction and Recharge slotting.    I'd definitely try to get Attuned IO's so didn't have to replace the IO's as I leveled up further. 

Hell on Earth

• You won't have enough recharge while leveling to have this up very often, and you'll be slot starved, so this should not be a high slot priority when leveling.    Put slots into other pet's first.  But once other pets are 6 slotted, consider adding enough 'Hell on Earth' slots to move at least some of pet uniques over to Hell on Earth.   That gives you the full 6-slots in the other pets for Acc/Dmg/End and maybe some recharge. 

Crack Whip

• See what I wrote about this in Overall section.  I would consider taking this earlier,  maybe instead of Energizing Circuit.  Try to get Attuned versions of the procs I mentioned.  They will make a big difference in your leveling.

Empower  Circuit

• Accuracy is challenging for pets at low level.  Take this as soon as available.   It doesn't need any additional slots.   It doesn't stack, and has a 60s duration with a 15s cooldown.  Meaning it it doesn't need any +Recharge slotting.     Put a +Tohit into it.    (The Build up proc can also be a fun gimmick, if you rely heavily on MM attacks...)

Demon Prince

• Full 6 slots.  Try to get your hands on an Impeded Swiftness +Chance for Dmg proc.   Greatly increases his DPS.  It can also be handy when leveling to increase the Demon Prince's Slow movement debuff.     Consider adding a 2nd Impeded Swiftness (either Dmg/Slow or Acc/Slow) for the 1.5% S/L resistance bonus.

Mace Mastery

• I'm not a fan of Mace Mastery on /EA MM's.   /EA's biggest weakness is not having much dmg or dps increasing powers like -Res.   Your Epic powers ideally would help fill that weakness, and Mace doesn't do a great job of that because Web Envelope does no damage and therefore can only slot a single Dmg proc, and can't slot any -Res procs.  
  • I recommend either,
    • Fire Mastery for Bonfire with Knockback to KnockDown IO, plus Fireball for Damage.   
    • Or one of the Epics with an Immobilize that does Dmg.

PowerBoost

• It's a neat and big boost to your Absorb shield.   But Powerboost has a 120s base cooldown.  Insulating Circuit has a base 20s cooldown.  The powers just don't align well.   Also, you're going to be repeatedly spamming Insulating Circuit in the middle of combat, and there just won't be time to mess with seeing if Powerboost is up and trying to coordinate casting it first...      Sadly, an  /EA Mastermind will want to skip Powerboost.    {If you were going to take, I would experiment with making a Macro that cast PB first, then Insulating Circuit.  And I'd use that Macro or hotkey in place of the Insulating Circuit power button.   That way you'd use PB whenever it was up....  )

Edited by Dr Causality