*/Regen question

Big Soto74

I have a Dark/Regen Sentinel that reached 50 a while ago and I never did a new build. My question is what are the top 2 bonuses I need on a Sentinel regen build? I am undecided between improving my regen, defense, recharge, or resist. Any suggestion for a PvE sent build it would be greatly appreciated.

Defense and recharge are by far the two biggest.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

2 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Defense and recharge are by far the two biggest.

Thanks! The build I have it has 46% defense to s/l, 49% s/l resist, 50 hp/sec regen, but only 50% recharge without hasten. I lost the ability to proc some attack powers because of heavy need for set bonuses.

I had a Dark/Regen for a while, and I used that pairing on the Test server too for a long time.  It was one of my go-to combos for stress testing early on.  

I've run it in +4/x8 with as little as 16 defense to melee/range/AoE.  So pushing high defense is sort of a measure of taste and just how you play the combo.  I favor trying to get 160%+ global recharge on /Regen or /Bio.  Actually, I try to do that on most characters, but I tend to feel it is more important on those two due to reactive mitigation powers.  

So there is a lot of YMMV on Sentinel Regen when it comes to defense stacking.  I'd prefer to proc out the attacks and end things faster than worry about extending battles of attrition. 

• Like 1