Soloing AVs

marcussmythe

Obviously, standing in front of an Archvillian/Monsters damage output is pretty easy on a Tank, of almost any flavor.

Upon a time, I could manage the offense to break them down (via raw damage) on an energy melee/invuln, but that was many rules changes ago and the old DPS aint what she used to be.

If we dont have a supportive crowd around to feed the AOE damage buffs from Dark Melee and Shield, (and no warburg nuke!) what powersets would be your go-to for avoiding the ‘pillowfisted Hulkerman litterally cannot beat up Thanoseid even if Thanoseid stops fighting back’ feel that is the only thing that makes me sad about tanking?  Is there enough extra DPS in fast animating pool powers and enough DPS and Debuff in Incarnate to get there?

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

DPS wise, things might look grim, but there are other ways to whittle down AVs.

The easiest way would be to go to the P2W vendor in Atlas Park, and stock up on Envenomed Daggers, a temporary attack power. They come with a juicy -250% debuff to regen, which will go a ways toward making what damage you do do, stick.

Radiation Armor, one of the new I25 armor sets, also has a small regen debuff baked into its self-heal: -150% IIRC. So, if you fire off your self-heal - and it's slotted well for recharge - you could maintain a regen debuff on an AV even without using temp powers.

And of course, there's always the use of Lore pets, temp power summons, and/or Shivan shards - Shivan shards being overkill in many a case, but hey, those dastardly villains have it coming, yes? :)

Hope this helps,

Loranna

DPS wise, things might look grim, but there are other ways to whittle down AVs.

The easiest way would be to go to the P2W vendor in Atlas Park, and stock up on Envenomed Daggers, a temporary attack power. They come with a juicy -250% debuff to regen, which will go a ways toward making what damage you do do, stick.

Radiation Armor, one of the new I25 armor sets, also has a small regen debuff baked into its self-heal: -150% IIRC. So, if you fire off your self-heal - and it's slotted well for recharge - you could maintain a regen debuff on an AV even without using temp powers.

And of course, there's always the use of Lore pets, temp power summons, and/or Shivan shards - Shivan shards being overkill in many a case, but hey, those dastardly villains have it coming, yes? :)

Hope this helps,

Loranna

Thank you.  That does help.  Though, and do correct me if I am wrong - does not an AV carry a massive debuff resistance, on the order of 85% under the current version?  Thus the combination of the Radiation Debuff and the Envenomed Dagger mentioned above would be a -400% debuff - of which 60% would get through.  Hmm.  Step in the right direction.

Was looking to do it organically, without temps or summons - but the Envenomed Dagger is a small enough visual impact that I can probably live with it, fluff wise.

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Yeah, AVs do get massive debuff resistance. Fortunately, if you have some global recharge, you -should be- able to stack the the Envenomed Dagger debuff.

For best results, go hunting AVs at your own level; +4 AVs will just have too much HP, damage resist, and debuff resist to make the effort worthwhile. And I think the exp is the same as if they'd been Elite Bosses too, so you don't even get that for a reward for all your trouble >.>

Loranna

Yeah, AVs do get massive debuff resistance. Fortunately, if you have some global recharge, you -should be- able to stack the the Envenomed Dagger debuff.

For best results, go hunting AVs at your own level; +4 AVs will just have too much HP, damage resist, and debuff resist to make the effort worthwhile. And I think the exp is the same as if they'd been Elite Bosses too, so you don't even get that for a reward for all your trouble >.>

Loranna

Its not about the reward - it is because, as the man said "It was there."

Ill certainly be revisiting Chimera with some Daggers when I get home from work, thank you. :)

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute