Trying to create a barrier i can move through

So, I've built a total rip-off of Watchtower, its got rockets docked to it, some great bells and whistles etc.

Not quite finished yet as I still have to do the floors below the base level.

One of the challenges I'm facing is that there just aren't enough beacons for me to use as internal ports and I want people to be able to get outside the base to fly around it without having to dedicate a couple of teleport points to it.

What I'm looking for is some sort of 'force field' effect that can be moved through (think star wars docking bay energy field)

anyone got any ideas?

ZERO MERIDIAN (AFFILIATED WITH THE HOUNDS OF L❤️VE) REUNION SERVE

ZM WATCHTOWER, Geosynchronous Low-Earth Orbit, Lat 51.476852 Long -0.000500,

enterbasefrompasscode ZEROMERIDIAN-1121 

ZM Watchtower is for all heroes at all times, all we ask is that you set your visual scale  /vis_scale 10

Rikti Data displays?

On 12/21/2019 at 5:21 PM, Stormwell76 said:

Hello all, i am kinda new to the building game but have learned a lot and been building more and more. I play on the Torchbearer Server and would love for anyone to visit and give me feed back about my build. You all seem to build very large and my build is rather small. Maybe one day i will get to that point but for now i am very happy with what i have made and would like to share. I did my best to put in everything that is needed and easily accessible for players on the go! It is a blend of High Tech and Alien items, i also did my best to make all the clickable use items into a new unique item as to not be the same thing you would normally see  in all other bases. Passcode AUTI-7639 Oh by the way it is kinda loud in there so be ready for that. lol

screenshot_191221-12-06-09.jpg

Another alternative would be to use the Slow Field Defensive Item(s) for the job, although they have a square "hockey puck" item at the center of them which you might need to work around (use a quarter quadrant from 4 of them so as to bury the hockey pucks into something else for a contiguous field with no breaks in it).  The Slow Field has often times been used as a substitute for a "water" surface in base building, which can of course be walked through.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

The slow field is pretty perfect, thank you for that!

the one i have put in does not have a colour though, how did you make yours orange?

ZM Watchtower is for all heroes at all times, all we ask is that you set your visual scale  /vis_scale 10

I ended up going with the Rikti Data Display item, looks a lot more force fieldy!

Thanks again everyone!

screenshot_200617-09-17-36.thumb.jpg.a1966c410bc176031faa5791df345cb6.jpg

• Like 2