Praetorian Tutorial - Broken Clockwork Spawn

First of all, thanks to all that brought back this game.

Started playing last night and had a problem in the Praetorian tutorial zone, with the second mission where we have to destroy a broken clockwork.  Someone before me had killed them all so I searched the whole zone for them, when they were right beside the mission giver.  Then saw 2 other players having the same problem, so told them to wait it out.

Sure, the zone isn't that big, but it made for a bad "new player" experience.  Could there be code to check whether any clockwork are currently spawned and if not, spawn some?  Or maybe reduce their spawn time.  They are non-aggressive and, unless I'm mistaken, do not give any exp; I don't think there would be a downside to spawning them more quickly than (what it feels like) the 7-10 minute spawner they are currently on.

Two new players had the same problem last night, raising the total to at least 5 players (since last wednesday).

Is the only way to exit the tutorial by completing it?  Can we skip it once we have started it?

Having never experienced this myself, I support the idea 100%. If it’s not possible to skip the mission (and even if it is, new players in the tutorial shouldn’t have to do that), the fact that a single player can wipe out all of the Broken Clockwork and leave those just behind unable to complete the tutorial in a timely fashion is wonky at best.

Easiest thing to do (from a programming standpoint) would be to force respawns of any Clockwork that has been defeated there when anyone talks to the Contact to start the Mission to Defeat 1 Clockwork.  That way, there's ALWAYS enough Clockworks there for anyone to choose from.

Of course, if it was that easy to do, Paragon Studios would have done that years ago ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.