Pocket MM

Glowman

Wanted to run the Barracuda Strike Force last night but there were only 3 of us. I was told we couldn’t pull it off without a defender or a mastermind. That got me thinking...

if you were going to bring a mastermind with you on a second account,  how would you build it?

I would think you’d want it to a) not require a lot of attention, b) debuff well, c) have some decent buffs and d) be tough enough to not die immediately when left unattended.

In the defender forums they recommended time or sonic. I assume bots would be the best primary with the built in bubbles. 

Thoughts?

16 hours ago, Zer0 Hour said:

Wanted to run the Barracuda Strike Force last night but there were only 3 of us. I was told we couldn’t pull it off without a defender or a mastermind. That got me thinking...

if you were going to bring a mastermind with you on a second account,  how would you build it?

I would think you’d want it to a) not require a lot of attention, b) debuff well, c) have some decent buffs and d) be tough enough to not die immediately when left unattended.

In the defender forums they recommended time or sonic. I assume bots would be the best primary with the built in bubbles. 

Thoughts?

If using the specifically as a hands-off buff bot for this SF only and maybe as a pocket buff bot later on, a Demon/EA should fill that role nicely.  Drop Faraday Cage in a good spot, target your main toon, and place Insulating Circuit on auto fire.  If you're not concerned with damage output of mastermind pets, use the Goto command to place them inside Faraday Cage and order the the Hellfire Demonling and Demon and the Demon Prince to attack the AV, but keep the rest in Defensive/Goto.

14 hours ago, Dixa said:

what specifically did you need from a defender or mm to finish the sf?

Masterminds and defenders receiver this click temporary power on the last mission:

[Power of Black Scorpion]

"Using the power absorbed from Black Scorpion, you can strip Reichsman's dimensional phasing, eliminating his ability to become immune to your teams effects."

It is supposed to remove Reichsman's untouchable ability.   I'm not sure if it really matters anymore, though.