UI Scale vs Window Scale

So I just found out that there are two different settings, UI Scale and Window Scale.

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

As you can see, both seem to change interface size. However, UI Scale also changes the size of HP bars that you see over characters heads and the aiming crosshairs (or whatever it's called.)

Are there any other differences between UI Scale and Window Scale? Is there a way to change those HP bars' size separately? I also wonder where does the game store UI Scale settings. I skimmed WDW files, but those seem to store only Window Scale settings. How do I copy UI Scale settings to another character?

• Like 1

Is it possible to get a complete list of the arguments for the windowscale slash command? For example, on some of my toons, despite using the "all" argument things like assorted salvage storage racks have not been resized.

Also noticed, on some scale settings, the "convert enhancement" window no longer sits adjacent to the powers tray, despite it actually being 'connected'.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, tidge said:

Is it possible to get a complete list of the arguments for the windowscale slash command? For example, on some of my toons, despite using the "all" argument things like assorted salvage storage racks have not been resized.

Also noticed, on some scale settings, the "convert enhancement" window no longer sits adjacent to the powers tray, despite it actually being 'connected'.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

From

Window and text scaling:

- For scaling all windows, use the setting under Options

- Chat window can be further customised under Options, including font size

- For specific windows, you need to undock the particular window from its parent.

Then you can use the "/window_scale [windowName] [scale]" command. Common windows are (with sample scaling):

/window_scale compass 1.20

/window_scale Email 1.20

/window_scale PowerList 1.30

/window_scale Salvage 1.25

/window_scale Chat 1.10

/window_scale Enhancements 1.15

/window_scale Power 1.05

/window_scale Health 1.05

/window_scale contact 1.20

/window_scale Info 1.20

More window aliases can be found here:

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Window_scale_(Slash_Command)

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper