Devs: Not sure if request or ignorance - super packs and other resource assists?

Hey Devs (or admin or whatever): I don't always have a lot of time to play, but I have many plans and find myself constantly being held back by a tremendous lack of Inf. In the old days I could simply buy some super packs, but I don't know how to get super packs except by Inf which I don't have. Nor do I have the time to grind inf/merits.

So my question is, is there a way to get super packs the old way, ie, by real world money? And if not, would you consider some kind of method by which those of us with more money than time can save having to grind inf by leveraging our real world resources?

Thank you.

Accepting RL money for such things could be... perilous for the Homecoming staff. We're already playing on servers running IP which technically doesn't belong to us. Exchanging money for goods and services based on the IP could put the in legal harm's way if NCSoft thought they were making a profit off of their old IP. IANAL, but that's my educated guess.

As for the donations, they're just that, and only for the upkeep of the servers themselves, no additional goods or services implied.

I know other CoH independent servers will have the Paragon Store but will provide free tokens to players in some fashion. So there are possible alternatives that don't involve the exchange of RL money for goods and service that the server hosts don't technically own.

Obsidius

Excelsior Server | The Nightwatch

NW-738

Accepting RL money for such things could be... perilous for the Homecoming staff. We're already playing on servers running IP which technically doesn't belong to us. Exchanging money for goods and services based on the IP could put the in legal harm's way if NCSoft thought they were making a profit off of their old IP. IANAL, but that's my educated guess.

As for the donations, they're just that, and only for the upkeep of the servers themselves, no additional goods or services implied.

I know other CoH independent servers will have the Paragon Store but will provide free tokens to players in some fashion. So there are possible alternatives that don't involve the exchange of RL money for goods and service that the server hosts don't technically own.

Well, that was a sensible, useful, and well thought out reply. What, sir, are you doing on the internet? ;)

You are probably right. I may have to force myself to farm inf as well as make peace with being a little perpetually poor.

Thanks.

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaah, I gotta give this one the BIGGEST....

[glow=white,2,300]/JRanger[/glow]

That I possibly can. Which... consequently, let me learn that the max size font is apparently 99 pt. The forums have an issue with three digit and over font sizes... los3Hmo.gif

I'm out.

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaah, I gotta give this one the BIGGEST....

[glow=white,2,300]/JRanger[/glow]

That I possibly can. Which... consequently, let me learn that the max size font is apparently 99 pt. The forums have an issue with three digit and over font sizes... los3Hmo.gif

THAT'S the reply I was expecting, and you did not disappoint. :P