Stalker Fire Armor Question

Bigimpin2

My question has to do with the power cauterizing aura. Does anyone have experience with this power? I was testing the number in mids reborn. I have it 6 slotted with numinas convalescence. All it does is increase my regen 20%. that seems incredibly minute. when i 1 slot it with a health IO, i get 0% regen benefit from it. seems very fishy to me. Are there benefits it gives that dont show up in mids? all the other new self healing toggles in the game such as temporal mending in the blaster seconday, wild fortress, etc, all display +hp above your head every several seconds. I do not notice that happening with cauterizing aura for stalker and i cant help but wonder if this power is a waste of my time. Thank you in advance for you input and helping me fine tune my 50 stalker ❤️

I'm at work so I can't fire up the game and try it out, but my Fire/Fire/Fire Sentinel has Cauterizing Aura slotted, and I noticed a big difference.  The health bar stayed maxed a LOT more often for me, and I needed Healing Flames far far less often.

I would recommend checking your combat log.  I beleive you will see many pulses of heals happening, even if you don't see green numbers floating up. 

Or, maybe there's some difference between Sentinel / Stalker versions and one is fine and the other isn't.  Could be.

I'm looking at the power definition per the "Powers API" in the tools.  I don't see any regen benefit.  I'm not totally sure how to interpret the powers block for healing powers, but it looks to me like what it does is give a 9.04 heal (base, enhanceable), at level 50, every 2 seconds.  I may be misunderstanding something, though.  It also says scale 0.075, which maybe means it's actually a 7.5% heal every 2 seconds (probably not, that sounds way too high)?  But I'm not sure.

(In comparison, Healing Flames says it's a 301.19 heal, scale 2.5.) 

Edited by aethereal

I skipped cauterizing aura on my stalker. It's junk. The tiny heal over time does nothing for a set that has no defenses. If you are not building for defense softcap you are going to get hit all the time and CA won't help you live a nanosecond longer, and if you built for defense softcap it's still junk when you already have healing flames that can top you off between the occasional hit, and if you get defense cascade failure we are back to point #1 where CA still won't help you live a microsecond longer.

• Like 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!