Lovecraftian

markofantares

I have a problem: I've made two Lovecraftian themed characters in the last few weeks. One is at lvl 21 - a Dark/Time Corr (Vathlyscz) - and languishing in First Ward. Another is a new Dark Melee/Bio Brute (Collective Soul) - Leveling in King's Row. Both are Villains.

Anyone else made some Lovecraftian characters? And if you see me wandering around, say hey?

Even just knowing the gist of what you were going for, Dark/Time is absolutely fitting.

Overtly, not yet.  Within the excessive backlog of notes and ideas I have is a mortal Nyarlathotep expy that I was contemplating porting from his setting to this one, and after seeing that there was a fish head I can't not make a Shadow over Innsmouth reference, but for what it should be.  Sure, you could have it be a fish man in a suit, and that's certainly funny, but also a little lazy.  Though if you count "dream of a slumbering primal god who walks the waking world" as being Lovecraft-inspired, then maybe yes.

Covertly, uh... a character is basically connected to a Space Between Spaces filled with change-energy that's intelligent but largely incomprehensible such that communication is mostly one-way with the other direction being the equivalent of taps on the shoulder, "one for yes, two for no," and basic gestures, and it operates by dragging the physics of the dimension it's connected to along with it whenever it pokes its form out.  Worth noting is that the physics of Primal Earth and all connected parallel Earths are not at all like its native physics.

(Whoo, people going on for too long about their characters.  It's like Virtue never left, eh?)

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

Oh, same here.  You do the Vincent Ross arc and go "oh that's kind of cool," and then you come back to it years later after reading Lovecraft and it's just like, "waaaaaaait a minute."

It's hard to pull off but it's a treat when people get it right.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

Back in the official Cryptic/NCSoft days, I ran with a SG on Virtue called Terata ('Monsters' in Greek, basically heroes themed after movie/game/literature monsters), I believe it was led by someone based on the Tall Man (Angus Scrimm, RIP) from the Phantasm movies. I'm pretty sure there were some Lovecraft-inspired members. I don't remember if I was one of them or just worked with them, but the idea did cross my mind from time to time.

I've remade my yog-sothoth inspired character (Silver Key) and my homage to Herbet West (Oksana Lotte / Lady Reanimator). Haven't started RPing again just yet, settling back into the game and all that jazz, but happy to see some mythos love going on!

Still got to make screenshots...

Celaenian is a Stalker who's a dark humanoid mass of snake-like tentacles and eyes. Brought from a parallel plane of existence into the Rogue Isles, fitted with some prosthetics to improve its survivability (mechanical arms and lower jaw, that it normally doesn't have, and probably something that can pass off as blood), and set loose to "show them all!". Thing is, she(?) is actually a lot less about indiscriminate slaughter, and more about trying to figure out the rules of this world. Oh, yeah, doesn't understand human language yet either, so doesn't have the slightest idea what "show them all" means, or even that she's expected to obey her "makers" to begin with. Hard to predict when someone is going to die, who, and how. Over time, she's going to develop a personality and identity depending on the interactions that happen, though it's not going to be necessarily a very understandable kind of personality...

Still only at low level for the time being.

Part-time table flipper

Global: Skathi the Huntress

67SQHEF.jpg

Collective Soul, my DM/Bio Brute.

Originally created him to be a Herald of the Old Ones. I made him a Science, rather than Magic, Origin. I see him in my head being like a Killer Croc or King Shark or Bane type. Just a huge, unfeeling bruiser. Can't button down a backstory for him. I'm willing to entertain ideas!

Very creative good job.