Get notification alert when new thread added to Announcements

Is t possible to add an option so that I could get a notification alert when there is a new thread added to announcements? Or even make it automatic for everyone?

Since a new thread  is not posted in Announcements that often I rarely check it, and didn't see today's new thread till browsing Reddit.

3 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

Is t possible to add an option so that I could get a notification alert when there is a new thread added to announcements? Or even make it automatic for everyone?

Since a new thread  is not posted in Announcements that often I rarely check it, and didn't see today's new thread till browsing Reddit.

You already can.  Go to the Announcements forum, and click the Follow button on the upper right hand side, and select to be notified immediately.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Go to the Announcements forum, and click the Follow button on the upper right hand side, and select to be notified immediately.

Hmm,all I see is to be emailed notice..I absolutely do not want an email

• Thanks 1

• Retired Game Master

Click Follow, then "Change how the notification is sent"

image.png.756b7d1c6cc9e1ea90321e0e139e4eed.png

Whole plethora of options.  The below should accomplish what you're after.  "Automatically follow content" checkboxes are completely up to you.

image.png.31398295cfa01fb6947486261abf8350.png

The screen is also available in "Account Options" when you click on your username in the upper right. 

Edited by GM Tahquitz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1