Best way to slot Ice Blast?

Fatalplus

Working on a concept for a Ice/Time build and I'm wondering if there's an efficient way to slot Ice.  There's a lot of single target attacks, and a lot of holds that can hold some juicy procs.  Any experts want to weigh in and give some advice on best practices?

Edited by Fatalplus

20 minutes ago, Fatalplus said:

Working on a concept for a Ice/Time build and I'm wondering if there's an efficient way to slot Ice.  There's a lot of single target attacks, and a lot of holds that can hold some juicy procs.  Any experts want to weigh in and give some advice on best practices?

Well, as a Blaster, your need for procs is less desirable. So for most instances you want to max out your ED values for damage. My opinion is that Bitter Freeze Ray is bad. Freeze Ray is good though! It was buffed to do some serious damage since Ice Blast doesn’t have a snipe. I’ve always slotted it with the Apocalypse set and the Unbreakable Constraint proc.

Bitter Ice Blast is a good place for the Blaster ATO set that has the proc (forget the name) and The T2 blast is a good place for Devastation IOs, 4 slot it with the hold proc, and throw in 2 more damage procs and it’s good to go. Typical attack chain is T2 blast, Freeze Ray and Bitter Ice Blast. Easy to cycle with some recharge. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Camel said:

Well, as a Blaster, your need for procs is less desirable. So for most instances you want to max out your ED values for damage. My opinion is that Bitter Freeze Ray is bad. Freeze Ray is good though! It was buffed to do some serious damage since Ice Blast doesn’t have a snipe. I’ve always slotted it with the Apocalypse set and the Unbreakable Constraint proc.

Bitter Ice Blast is a good place for the Blaster ATO set that has the proc (forget the name) and The T2 blast is a good place for Devastation IOs, 4 slot it with the hold proc, and throw in 2 more damage procs and it’s good to go. Typical attack chain is T2 blast, Freeze Ray and Bitter Ice Blast. Easy to cycle with some recharge. 

Would you forgo slotting procs in attacks when I can put them in Time's Hold ability?  Would you skip the tier 1 attack and Bitter Freeze Ray?

14 minutes ago, Fatalplus said:

Would you forgo slotting procs in attacks when I can put them in Time's Hold ability?  Would you skip the tier 1 attack and Bitter Freeze Ray?

I would definitely skip the T1 blast and Bitter Freeze Ray. BFR takes an eternity to cast, you could almost cast all 3 of your other attacks in the time it takes to cast BFR. As far as the hold in Time, I would probably just slot a 4 piece of Basilisks Gaze and call it a day, and only use it to stack holds on something like an AV. 

Ok here is what I came up with.  I opted to take the T1 attack since I can use it while incaped and I don't like the breath attacks.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Blaster
Primary Power Set: Ice Blast
Secondary Power Set: Temporal Manipulation
Power Pool: Force of Will
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Ice Bolt -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(3), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(3), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(5), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(5)
Level 1: Time Wall -- GrvAnc-Hold%(A)
Level 2: Ice Blast -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(11)
Level 4: Mighty Leap -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 6: Time Stop -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(11), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(13), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(13)
Level 8: Aim -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(43)
Level 10: Freeze Ray -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(15), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Apc-Dam%(17), UnbCns-Dam%(19)
Level 12: Ice Storm -- Ann-Acc/Dmg(A), Ann-Dmg/Rchg(19), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Ann-ResDeb%(23)
Level 14: Chronos -- GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(A), GssSynFr--Build%(46)
Level 16: End of Time -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(39)
Level 18: Bitter Ice Blast -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(37)
Level 20: Temporal Healing -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(31), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(31), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(31), NmnCnv-Heal(33), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(33)
Level 22: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(25), UnbGrd-Max HP%(29), GldArm-3defTpProc(46), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48)
Level 26: Weave -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), Ksm-ToHit+(27), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(27), LucoftheG-Def(29)
Level 28: Weaken Resolve -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 30: Unleash Potential -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 32: Blizzard -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(40), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(40), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Rgn-Knock%(42)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(36), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(36)
Level 38: Time Lord -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(45), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), RctArm-ResDam(45)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-ResDam%(42), LucoftheG-Def(43), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(43)
Level 44: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Dmg-I(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(48)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(48)
------------