Sentinel Archetype?

Obsidius

So do tell about this Sentinel archetype. Is that the archetype that has access to mecha armor? There's obviously nothing on Paragon Wiki since this seems to be one of the I25 imported features. Inquiring minds would love to know!

Obsidius

Excelsior Server | The Nightwatch

NW-738

I'll chime in i am a level 16 Ice/Ice Sentinel atm.

Sentinels are Ranged Primary(Blaster, Corruptor, etc) and Defense Secondary(Scrapper, Stalker, etc) Archetype. They have damage and defense values slightly below scrappers, but they have the base health of a blaster so they are more squishy during early levels then you would be lead to believe. with the exception of certain power set choices they have very little utility and AoE. They have a gauge they build up. when its maxed if they use tier 1 blast it makes your attacks hit harder and against your target. if you use tier 2 it makes your attacks against the target heal. these are debuffs on the target which make them kind of a mixed bag as you essential waste your bar if the target gets burned down.

Their primary purpose in a team is to help focus down bosses, and Lts. Since their aggro level is right behind scrappers, and they have a better view of fights they also perform a vital role in what i call stray tanking. basically if a lose boss, or lt gets on a soft target it is very easy for you to pull aggro off of them and do limited face tanking with minimal assistance required. Beyond that its kind of up to you how you want to further help your team. Sentinels are a pretty self sufficient class so your kind of free to pursue utility using power power pools and ancillary pools. Some of the Ancillary Pool have some great utility such as crowd control and heals. Certain power primary and secondaries can also expand your options. for example ice blast has holds, radiation armor has a group heal, and fire blast has more AoE than the typical sentinel primary.

I've got a Dual Pistols/Invuln on the redside and I'm enjoying it!

Be curious to see how it is at higher levels.

I suspect that you, in particular, will never look at Maelstrom the same way again.

(I think it was Maelstrom.  The Primal that went Prae)