Water/SR or Dark/Dark

Archmage1000

In my opinion, /SR is a bit easier to build for survival than /DA is within this AT.  However, you're mileage may vary depending on what kind of difficulty level you're looking to push.  If you're comfortable running at a lower difficulty (while solo), then it really doesn't matter which pair you take.  

By difficulty, I mean +2/* vs +3 or 4/*.  Dark/Dark can rely a lot on -to-hit which can diminish greatly the higher you spike personal difficulty on missions.  /SR doesn't feel those difficulty spikes nearly as much due to fairly reliable nature of high defense plus Master Brawler.  

I find either primary fun.

Dark/Dark is a fun pair to get your edgelord on.  I guess you could color it differently and do something else too.  😉 

Dark Blast's AoE may not be as varied as Water's but the attacks themselves are pretty good by Sentinel standards.  You could also pick up an extra PBAoE from the Epic (I know obvious is obvious) and I'd recommend checking out Dark Mastery.  I personally like Dark Mastery over Soul on Sentinels as I feel it gets a slightly better deal on animation/recharge times.  Plus, the general power choices are all pretty good.  You don't need it, but it is possible since you can skip quite a few things in either Dark Blast or Dark Armor.  Psychic Mastery is also very strong, but can be a bit boring due to its power gamey nature.