Tanker Lightning Rod Totally Missing?

Warboss

Hi all,

I'm not sure how this works and I don't mean to cross post, but I posted this in the Tanker forum for feedback, and after hearing back from a GM, I'm going to post it here as well.

Lightning Rod seems to totally miss about every sixth mob (sometimes more/sometimes less) or so. I fire off Lightning Rod and get NO hits at all. I checked the combat log and it shows the power was activated, but then no other data. It's like the power stopped functioning right after activation. The combat logs shows only Lightning Field (damage aura) hitting the enemies (which makes sense since I've teleported into a mob). I know friend running an Elect/Elect for the first time respec'd out of LR because to them it wasn't working even more frequently. After a quick couple of tests outside the mission, with no mobs around. I was able to confirm the log information for activating the power with no mobs around were the same as the ones when the power "fails to hit" in the missions. It looks like the system is not updating the toons new location on the map after the teleport portion of Lightning Rod takes place, or the teleportation is taking place and the power fails/stops completing the attack sequence (to hit and damage). It could be a sync/placement on the map error, so something like that (but Lightning Field is shown hitting). As mentioned, it seems to happen about 1 in 6 times, sometimes more, sometimes less. But, the result is always the same. If you look at the log entries from when it works. There's a 95% chance of hitting. If I were hitting only one or two targets I'd say it's possible, but I was set for 8 +0 when testing, so no lack of targets (10-16+) depending on the mob size. I can see missing a few or a lot, but missing all with 95% chance to hit seems a bit unlikely, especially multiple times in a row, or even during the same mission. Also, it works as expected ~approx 5 out of 6 times, so it seems there's something going on.

In mission combat log- no hits from LR after a teleporting attack:

ElectricalExperiment HITS you! Build Up power was autohit.
You tap into your inner strength with your Build Up and are more accurate and more deadly for a short while.
Chain Induction is recharged.
Jacobs Ladder is recharged.
You activated the Lightning Rod power.
Orion Star HITS you! Call Hawk power had a 54.23% chance to hit and rolled a 46.53.
Orion Star hits you with their Call Hawk for 8.09 points of Lethal damage over time.
Orion Star knocks you off your feet with their Call Hawk!
Orion Star hits you with their Call Hawk for 8.09 points of Lethal damage over time.
You hit Autumnal with your Lightning Field for 21.1 points of Energy damage.
You hit Autumnal with your Lightning Field for 3.95 points of their endurance.
You hit Avonai Creed with your Lightning Field for 21.1 points of Energy damage.
You hit Avonai Creed with your Lightning Field for 3.95 points of their endurance.
You hit Miss Mistakke with your Lightning Field for 21.1 points of Energy damage.
You hit Miss Mistakke with your Lightning Field for 5.53 points of their endurance.
You hit Mitternacht with your Lightning Field for 21.1 points of Energy damage.

Out of mission combat log, firing with no mobs around:

You activated the Build Up power.
HIT ElectricalExperiment! Your Build Up power is autohit.
ElectricalExperiment HITS you! Build Up power was autohit.
You tap into your inner strength with your Build Up and are more accurate and more deadly for a short while.
You activated the Lightning Rod power.

What it should look like when it works:

HIT Canan! Your Lightning Rod power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 32.79.
HIT Polaris Patriot! Your Lightning Rod power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 11.39.
HIT Captain Dung Beetle! Your Lightning Rod power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 29.38.
HIT Cacophany! Your Lightning Rod power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 39.23.
HIT Captain Catbirb! Your Lightning Rod power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 13.10.
HIT BobbyQ! Your Lightning Rod power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 59.61.
Lightning Rod missed!
MISSED Cobalt-512!! Your Lightning Rod power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 95.62.
HIT CandyCorn! Your Lightning Rod power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 31.62.
HIT Boiler! Your Lightning Rod power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 28.70.
HIT Pax Americana! Your Lightning Rod power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 13.51.
HIT Plasmic Fire! Your Lightning Rod power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 67.88.
Polaris Patriot MISSES! Shockwave power had a 42.73% chance to hit, but rolled a 68.72.

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

Just confirmed it seems to not be updating the Tanks position. I'm currently testing on my SD/EleMelee Tank and happened to be standing in another mob when I triggered Lightning Rod. The mob I was standing in took the damage the one I landed in (a ways away) took no damage from the attack.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

I've noticed this happen with savage leap as well on my stalker.  But it seems to happen less frequently than your experience with lightning rod (although I haven't explicitly tested it).  Same problem for me: no "miss" above the enemies and no tohit roll in the log.  I don't think savage leap uses a pseudo-pet so it's some sort of issue with teleporting.

Hey Josh,

Thanks for posting your experience with SavMelee. From what you're reporting it does sound like a positioning update error with the teleportation portion of the power/s. Hopefully this is something that can be looked at and fairly quickly resolved.

• Like 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable