Beginner's Guide to Lazy: the LFG-TP

r0y

Many times while I'm playing and forming a Task Force or other group event, there sometimes is a new (or newly-returned) player that may not know about the LFG tool, nor that tool's ability to move character across zones.  For many veterans, we all know and love the LFG-TP "trick" - and it's only called a "trick" because not everyone knows about it.

So, while walking through a very new player on how to get to Cimeroa (yes, they needed the badge, too); I remembered that I was going to write up a graphical guide and create a tiny url ( tinyurl.com/LFGtp ) so it might be easier to explain.

Step 0:  Make sure you are SOLO, and not teamed.  If you are teamed, everyone has to be in the same zone, and they all better want to go wherever you're trying to get to.  So if you got invited to an ITF (as an example) and you don't know how to best get to Cimeroa, please:  Let the team know you're going to temporarily drop team so you can LFG-TP there.  They will understand.

Step 1:  Click the LFG along the top of the chat window:

lfg-01.jpg.39c41cacd6e227143b40739c7bd532f2.jpg

Step 2:  Click the appropriate tab along the top of the LFG window:

lfg-02.jpg.a92b9eb1c6d801c580289bac596f1f22.jpg

Step 3:  Click the Task Force (or event) that you want to go to:

lfg-03.jpg.64db437044fa1b05fb5ab057dba51cb1.jpg

Step 4:  Click the "Lock the event for your group" button (this is the step that often gets over-looked):

lfg-04.jpg.e9e2c50a1b8ed08ebb1a2bcb9f92cc60.jpg

Step 5:  Click the Queue button:

lfg-05.jpg.f44c52b79f0b79f0d4a3c0d5ef7cd839.jpg

Step 6:  Click the Enter button on the pop-up window:

lfg-06.jpg.deee9f5d7c515324993b1f35ce422b98.jpg

You will then be transported to the event's contact (in the ITF's case, that's Imperious all the way back in Ancient Rome!).

Congratulations, you saved your team some wait time!

Just remember while SOLO:  Task ForceLockQueue (it soon becomes second-nature)

And if you want to direct someone to this guide while in-game:  tinyurl.com/LFGtp

NOTE:  a "Guide" to people over 40:  Written.   a "Guide" to people under 40:  Video.

Therefore, assuming you want the written guide, I'll assume your eyesight isn't the best, so I'll use big fonts!

Edited by r0y
  • Thanks 6

Did you also know that if you let your mouse HOVER over the name of the event (e.g. Time's Arrow [Imperious] ) that it will pop up an information window, detailing various aspects of the event?

Did you also know that you can get the Midnighter badge via the Mansion in Night Ward?  And that mansion does NOT go to Cimeroa...

Did you know that King's Row is the closest base-portal-drop-off to a tram (blue side)?  Founders Falls is the closest ouro-portal-drop-off to a tram (blue side).

Edited by r0y
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later

Is there any way to see how many and/or who is queued in the LFG system?  Seems like it would save time and reduce chat spam if someone with a team of 7 could see if they'll "pick up the spare" by launching the queue instead of spamming the LFG channel for the last member.  It would also cut the constant "any TFs starting" spam as well.  Don't want to organize a TF?  Jump in the queue and you can get scooped up.

• Like 2

• 1 month later
On 8/20/2020 at 1:19 PM, MitchEvans said:

Is there any way to see how many and/or who is queued in the LFG system?  Seems like it would save time and reduce chat spam if someone with a team of 7 could see if they'll "pick up the spare" by launching the queue instead of spamming the LFG channel for the last member.  It would also cut the constant "any TFs starting" spam as well.  Don't want to organize a TF?  Jump in the queue and you can get scooped up.

The LFG queue has always been a bit wonky, even when it works.  To my knowledge there is no way to see who is in queue.  It would be a great addition one day, but I think there are so many things to fix before adding new bugs features.

• Thanks 1