Ill / Rad or / Dark build request

Shocktacular

Hello!
I've messed around in Mids' a bit, but I haven't been able to get this to work, so I thought I'd ask you guys!
I'm looking for an Ill/Rad or Ill/Dark build with preferably either Soul or Psionic epic pool (these restrictions are due to character theme).  Inf is no object; go nuts!

My preferences: 
Perma- or near Perma-PA
Not squishy (decent def & res but doesn't have to be capped)
Either Fly or Mystic Flight for a travel power before level 10

Not running out of end every 10 seconds.
NOT dependent on incarnate powers for any of the above.

If this is not feasible, please let me know.  I'm always open to suggestions!

Thank you so much!  Stay awesome, CoXers!

I don't have Mids handy so I am jsut going to put in my 2 cents here and argue for which of these are better for hitting your goals. My favorite build for Ill/ is /Time though.

I would suggest I'll Dark as it hits your interest in not being too squishy with Fade.  You also gain an amazing End recovery option, Soul Absorption. So really it would be my choice.  But you're going to have to build hard for Recharge on it to get Perma Fade and PA, which will most likely mean Perma-Haste.  As you are not requiring capped Def or Res (All capped Res on a Troller is seriously a funny concept to me, jsut sacrificing too much to get it), you can probably go for Flight, Fighting, Leadership and Super Speed.  

Now on the other side, /Rad.  I find this to have End problems, Accelerated Metab doesn't do enough to fix those problems.  And really you get no Defense bonus in Rad, other then a nice -ToHit from Rad Infection.  If you want to hit your list, /Rad doesn't make sense to me.  I'll break this down a little though.  Unlike Soul Absorb, Accelerated Metab is only going to net you 1end/sec when you get enough recovery in it.  It does offer some recharge to help with Perma PA though.  You lack the astounding Def options of Fade and Shadow fall though (together with no enhancements they provide 10-13% to all Defenses I think).  

So in conclusion, 100% for /Dark.  You are going to need Hella lotsa +Rech to get everything Perma with Haste included, but it can be done.  Fade will shore up your Defense numbers easily.  Hover/Fly on a macro to toggle back and forth is a given, cause you'll want the Def bonus from Hover in combat.  You want the Leadership and Fighting pools also to bring in the Def numbers, with a little Res from the Fighting Pool.  Don't shy away from tactics as with a 6 slot of Gaussians you get the Build Up Proc and some decent Def bonuses also.  

PS. Dark gets Fluffy...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I loaded Mids onto this machine because I thought this would be good to share, I don't know why I hadn't before....  But, I want to give credit as this is not my build, it was posted by @Dismiss on the Discord.  You will need to change Leaping for Flight and the Patron Pool though.  I will post the build below.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Illusion Control
Secondary Power Set: Darkness Affinity
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Spectral Wounds -- Apc-Dam%:50(A), Apc-Dmg:50(9), Apc-Dmg/Rchg:50(11), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(11), Apc-Acc/Rchg:50(15), GldJvl-Dam%:50(34)
Level 1: Twilight Grasp -- Pnc-Heal:50(A), Acc-I:50(7), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg:50(9), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux:50(36), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg:50(37), Pnc-Heal/Rchg:50(37)
Level 2: Blind -- UnbCns-Dam%:50(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg:50(3), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg:50(3), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg:50(5), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold:50(5), GldJvl-Dam%:50(7)
Level 4: Tar Patch -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(43)
Level 10: Howling Twilight -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 12: Deceive -- CrcPrs-Conf%:50(A), CrcPrs-Conf:50(13), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg:50(13), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg:50(15), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg:50(37), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx:50(50)
Level 14: Darkest Night -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx:50(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx:50(19), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb:50(40), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx:50(40)
Level 16: Shadow Fall -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx:50(17), ShlWal-Def:50(17), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(31)
Level 18: Phantom Army -- ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg:50(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(19), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg:50(29), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg:50(29), SlbAll-Build%:50(31), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(34)
Level 20: Fade -- Rct-ResDam%:50(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(21), Rct-Def:50(21), Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(23), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg:50(23), Rct-Def/Rchg:50(27)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(A), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(25), GldArm-ResDam:50(25), GldArm-End/Res:50(27)
Level 26: Spectral Terror -- SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%:50(A), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg:50(36), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg:50(36), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg:50(43), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx:50(46)
Level 28: Soul Absorption -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg:50(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg:50(34)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(31)
Level 32: Phantasm -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(A), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg:50(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg:50(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg:50(33), ExpStr-Dam%:20(40), OvrFrc-Dam/KB:50(43)
Level 35: Assault -- EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 38: Dark Servant -- GldNet-Dam%:50(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%:50(39), NrnSht-Dam%:30(39), TraoftheH-Dam%:50(39), CldSns-%Dam:30(46)
Level 41: Poisonous Ray -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:40(A), Dcm-Acc/Dmg:40(42), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg:40(42), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg:40(42), Dcm-Build%:40(45), AchHee-ResDeb%:20(46)
Level 44: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), Rct-Def:50(45), Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(45)
Level 47: Summon Tarantula -- ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg:50(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg:50(48), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx:50(48), SlbAll-Acc/Rchg:50(50)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(50)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I:50(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Clr-Stlth:50(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
------------

Edited by Dahle
Link did not work...

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.
Or come on by and visit my Discord.

I run my theme groups there and chat with Twitch viewers in voice there.
And lastly, come see my on Twitch.  City of Heroes is my main game!