How well do Interfaces work through MM pets?

JnEricsonx

Pretty sure Interface works the best on MMs. It activates for all pets so it could stack Interface debuffs and dish out Interface DoT damage better than other ATs. 

I tend to go for the Radial tree. 6 pets applying a -debuff with a 25% chance could do it as well as a single AT with a 75% chance (Though I haven't done the math for it). I tested that with Degenerative and Reactive, Core VS Radial. Results were a good uptick in dps in Radial's favor (Tested with Mercs/Storm and Thugs/Time). But this would probably only hold true if all pets are focusing attacks on the same target.

• Like 1

The difference in damage between Core and Radial is massive, due to RNG DoT mechanics. The way RNG DoT mechanics work is that each tick rolls a hit chance, and the dot is canceled if the tick "misses". Just look at the ratio of these numbers:

25% hit chance, CancelOnMiss, 5 ticks, 10 damage - ~3.3 damage per proc
75% hit chance, CancelOnMiss, 5 ticks, 10 damage - ~22.8 damage per proc

I don't know the exact proc chance of interface dots - it could either be a set%, or even worse for Core, be the hit chance(e.g. 75% chance to proc, and then apply a 75% hit chance 5 tick RNG DoT). Either way, you always want Radial. On pylon tests with kitted out pets, interface would easily produce 10-20% of a pet's DPS(depending on its tier).

• Like 1

But at the same time (at least from my observation), the stacked debuff appears more potent on the Core - higher debuff value per stack maybe? For instance, with the Degenerative Core equipped my Masterminds have pylons hovering between 20-22k Max HP when they go down, vs 25-27k max HP on the Radial.

Edited by Littlun