Best pet set?

Seravajan

On 9/13/2020 at 12:52 PM, Force Redux said:

Nice, like the name!  I find that MM is the  only AT I can tolerate Electric Affinity, since its so busy I feel I never have a chance to really use my primary (blast as Defender, control as Controller). But MM the Primary generally takes care of itself: GoTo ---> Aggressive pets, then ElecAff away to my heart's content. 

I literally do not enjoy playing non MM supports for this reason. I build all of my MMs around few to no personal attacks, heavy support, heavy tanking, and as heavy pet damage as I can achieve. When I want to play a character that does actual personal attacking I start making blasters, scrappers, stalkers, and brutes. 

Well, my water/storm corr is a bit different but I consider that all attacking as well.l

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 10:26 AM, Aeroprism said:

I followed the advice given: started my battles by applying darkest night (making sure to turn it off as soon as reasonable to have it available for the next group), Tar patch is the group is larger than two or has a boss. Send pets, start pelting the debuffed target with my attacks since they do more than just damage.

The nice feature of doing this, especially if you jump in a little before the pets in BG mode when solo, is that any initial AoE strikes go to you instead of the pets, so you take minimal damage and the pets take none.  You being attacked makes all the pets attack, so you don't need to worry about them standing around.  

I agree that on teams you may not want to use BG mode as much, I'll often do a bit of a mix with the pets, leave a few in BG mode but others on aggressive.  Especially if there is a good tank on the team, the pets can just go idle since nobody is attacking you or them.