Can no longer log into game

Dax55708

So I’ve been playing for weeks and have several characters. Yesterday I logged in and played for about an hour and logged off. A few hours later I fired up Tequila, entered my regular password (username is saved) and got “The account name or password that you have entered is incorrect.”

It’s the same name and password I’ve used for weeks!  :o Checked that cap locks weren’t on, nope. Even erased the saved username and password and same message. Tried logging into the forums and that wouldn’t work either. Had to reset my password here via email. Now I can log in on the forums but still not the game. I sent in a ticket but no response yet. I also tried revalidating the files.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Maybe my account was hacked?

I’d prefer not to start a new account and lose my characters, friends list, etc.

Thank you for the replies. But as stated in my post “I sent in a ticket but no response yet”

Was just wondering while I wait for a response if anyone else had a similar problem and if so, a solution.

Have you tried resetting your password here:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/account/

Yes I actually did end up resetting my password on the forums as well as my game account. Unfortunately  it seems that also gets rid of your original account. I lost all of my characters, influence, recipes, global name, friends list etc etc. Basically it’s now a brand new account.

I gave up on trying to get help from a GM. I tried many times in game, on Discord, on here, on Facebook........ I did receive one email that said “I hope your problem has been resolved”, I responded twice and said it had not been resolved. With no follow ups.

Oh well, I started over at square one. I just hope it doesn’t happen again.