APP Question

BlackenBlue71

To get the Patron Power Pools you have to do the first Story Arc for one of the Patrons in Arachnos, which you can get just by being 35+ and a redsider. Your history of being red/blueside doesn't matter. Arbiter Rein will introduce you to the patron of your choice after a short mission where you read some plaques describing each. He's right in front of the big tower in Grandville.

Note that no matter which Patron you choose, you'll get access to all of the pools, all the time. That means you can go to villainside, do the Patron missions, and go back to being a hero right after. You'll still have access to them, even if you respec while you're a hero. The thing that unlocks the Patron Pools is the accolade for having done the final mission in each arc, so you don't even need to be a redsider to get them. You can also be a vigilante and do the arc (or just the final mission) with a person who has them and get access to the PPPs. You can even run the arc in Ouro with a redsider to start them for you, although I'm told that can get buggy, so it's probably preferable to just find a villain/rogue with them active. People will frequently mention they have a patron arc they're running in LFG, at least on Everlasting.

If you just want to do the first Patron Arc, Black Scorpion's is probably the easiest and fastest. There's a later arc in Scorp's series that's a real chore (Mole Machines with massive amounts of HP) if you ever decide to play more of redside; if you do you may want to consider another Patron. My favorite arc overall is Scirocco's, but the first arc has some EBs (Silver Mantis and Barracuda) and is probably the hardest of the four. His later two are loaded with Mu enemies, which may be a turnoff if your character has problems with endurance drain attacks.

Edited by ViciousCabaret

I know the blue/red side switchup doesn't matter if I go back to redside. What I want to know if I can go do a Patron arc while keeping Field Mastery until I get through it, then go respec into the Patron Pool. Because you can't have both APP and PPP powers.

Funnily enough, I've got a Mind/Fire Doiminator who started out villain, went hero for a bit, then back to villain. And I think I'll end up going with an APP rather than a PPP on him, yet remain villain. Psionic Mastery fits his concept more than the PPPs do, because he isn't subservient to anyone. (Ie, he'd tell the Patrons to go fly a kite, because he is insane.)

Edited by BlackenBlue71