The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Scrapper Char critical damage inconsistency

ZorkNemesis

Scrapper's version of Char from the Blaze Mastery ancillary pool has some strange crit damage shenanigans.  Against minion and underling mobs the critical damage appears normal, double the damage of the DoT as expected.  Against Lts and Bosses however the critical damage seems to be multiplied several times.  Against a Mu Striker, it dealt 22 damage with the critical alone (Mu have some fire resistance, but the math still checks out).  Against a Crab Spider Webmaster the critical damage was a whopping 191, even though it should've only been around 25-28.  The damage numbers in my screenshots are a bit higher, I have a +10% damage buff from enhancements, but no secondary effects were applied to the test targets.

Here's the Mu Striker hit

screenshot_200928-01-30-07.thumb.jpg.58ae6dfbf4dbd7b7b5445c526951abbe.jpg

And here's the Crab Spider hit

screenshot_200928-01-34-45.thumb.jpg.c7ac41bbf700c306bc6d2f55244f0fd5.jpg

Also, shoutout to the guy in chat who chastised me for considering reporting a damage bug.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Bit of an update, as it appears Fire Blast in the Blaze Mastery set is also showing this critical inconsistency.  Unlike Char, Fire Blast seems to be doing roughly 3x critical damage to Lts and higher, but normal 2x damage to Minions and Underlings.

Fire Blast vs Council Minion

screenshot_201002-00-05-18.thumb.jpg.a0139d47afd684157cad46da4715bfb6.jpg

Fire Blast vs Council Boss.

screenshot_201002-00-04-15.thumb.jpg.0367b5813324a98cedd7c05948dcb11c.jpg

I don't have them (yet) but i'm suspecting Ring of Fire and Fire Ball might also have these inconsistencies.

Side note, the description for Fire Blast mentions the Flares power, but neither Scrapper or Stalker have access to that power in any of their sets.  Likely just an oversight when copying the power when they created Blaze Mastery.

EDIT: Fire Ball doesn't seem to have this issue.  Against both a minion and a lieutenant both took what appeared to be normal critical damage from the Fire Ball.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.