Plant/Psy Dom Build help

splashgordan81

Hello everyone,

I have enjoyed playing controllers, and am wanting to be a troller and blaster combo which is why i am wanting to try out Dominator.  I have done a lot of research and have landed on Plant/Psy.  I have put together a build based on a few builds I have found online.  Could someone please take a look and let me know of any changes I could/should do.  My main focus will probably be solo since its hard to find teams at times, but I do enjoy teams as well.  Not sure what the numbers are, I am horrible at builds.  I do know it is perma hasten, almost perma drain psyche and not sure what I will need for perma dom.  Thanks for the help.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Dagon Lovecraft: Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Plant Control
Secondary Power Set: Psionic Assault
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strangler -- BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(3), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(7), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(13), BslGaz-Acc/Hold(37)
Level 1: Psionic Dart -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(9), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 2: Roots -- SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(A), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(13), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(25), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(27)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(5), RechRdx-I(11)
Level 6: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(7)
Level 8: Seeds of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(9), Ccp-Dam%(15), CrcPrs-Conf(37), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(40), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(46)
Level 10: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 12: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 14: Fly -- Flight-I(A)
Level 16: Psychic Scream -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(31), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(31), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(43)
Level 18: Vines -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(19), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(19), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(23), UnbCns-Dam%(31)
Level 20: Drain Psyche -- Mrc-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(21), RgnTss-Heal/Rchg(33), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(42), EnrMnp-EndMod/Rchg(48)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23)
Level 24: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), PstBls-Dam%(27), JvlVll-Dam%(29), TraoftheH-Dam%(33), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(33)
Level 28: Subdue -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(29), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Apc-Dam%(40), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 30: Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 32: Fly Trap -- ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(34), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 35: Fire Ball -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(36), PstBls-Dam%(36), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(37), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42)
Level 38: Psychic Shockwave -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Obl-Dmg(39), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Obl-Acc/Rchg(42)
Level 41: Psionic Lance -- StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(43), StnoftheM-Dam%(46), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(46), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(48), Dcm-Build%(50)
Level 44: Rain of Fire -- Ann-Dmg/Rchg(A), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Ann-ResDeb%(45), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 47: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Empty(48)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(21)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(17)
Level 1: Quick Form 
------------

Edited by splashgordan81
Add Information

Just working on leveling up one of these myself, fun and effective combo so far.  Have tried plant on so many things and like the set, but for some reason haven't found a combo to "click" yet.  I'm hopeful.

Some things: 

You can get away with two slotting hasten if you boost the IO's to +5.  If you exemp a ton though, I can see maybe sticking with 3 slots. 

Personally I like slotting some damage in roots, it is actually a decent aoe damage addition when you do so.   Even on a dom that doesn't need the damage as much as a controller I still find it nice.  Then again you went fire epic and maybe have enough aoe there compared to me that went ice epic.

Drain Psyche needs some accuracy imho, especially since you don't have a kismet slotted, or tactics, or something like sleet to debuff defenses that I see.  Not sure how much in the way of acc set bonus you have, but it'd have to be a LOT for me to skip accuracy entirely.  I do NOT want to miss with it when I need to hit that AV for that -regen debuff and sometimes AV's can have some very good defenses.  I also of course want to hit as many things in general as I can for the regen.  Also, it does not need any endurance mod slotted.  It gives an insane amount of recovery even with none slotted and only hitting 1 target (100% which is equal to 4 x unslotted stamina).  Speaking of, if you need slots you can also try cutting down the health and stamina slotting.  Personally going to try just a panacea proc in health and a perf shifter proc in stamina and that's it.  Drain psyche is that good.

Carrion Creepers I can't imagine not 6 slotting.  So many good procs to put in it along with the usual acc, dam, and recharge to work in.  It also looks like you have a sudden acceleration kb to kd in there?  I've never seen creepers do knockback, only knockdown (unless maybe you are fighting way under your level or maybe against clockwork).

Not seeing the point of invisibility.  You can just go with stealth + a celerity Stealth IO in sprint.  You don't even need it for a LoTG mule as you are already at 5 as was mentioned.

I'm not so negative on going the resistance route instead if you want.  Defense is easier to build for, but It is also easier to get defense through team buffs, temp buffs (you can get +13 or so s/l def +5 more def to all from P2W on demand), or even purple inspirations (which are amazing compared to orange res inspirations, something I still think is unbalanced to this day).   Good resistances combined with nice regen from drain psyche I could see working (worth a try anyway).  I often go with charged armor (+res to s/l/e) on my controllers and I find it works pretty well at keeping them alive compared to the standard ice armor or scorpion shield epic choices.

Edited by Riverdusk
  • Like 1