TW/??? Brute Concept

Djaris

I have an idea. But I'm not good at doing builds. And it may have been done. So I'm wondering if I'm on a treadmill someone already walked:

Variation on Spines/Fire (With the +Rech from super speed pool)

But Titan weapons instead. My instinct is to go Titan Weapons/Elec. Get that Lightning Reflexes +Rech base. Use the new pool powers to ramp it up, like with Adrenal Booster, Unleash Potential and Unrelenting. Then use Momentum to try and cram as many cone aoes into one momentum window as possible. Specifically, Both Sweeps, Whirling Smash and Arc of Destruction. Like- Defensive Sweep->Titan Sweep-> Smash-> Arc->D. Sweep-> T. Sweep (Presuming the recharge rate has refreshed them already). Cycle through Unrelenting (Into Unleash to mitigate crash), and Adrenal to try and keep a cavalcade of buffs up, and use power sink to recover from endurance drops, or crashes.

Is it too rube goldbergy? Is it big swing build 101, and I'm just over thinking it? Do I have too many answers to fast attacking and not enough about staying alive?

The other idea is to go TW/WP, and do the same sort of stuff. Take Experiments to grab Speed of Sound, Toxic Dart (To open it up), and Corrosive Vial for more aoe and adrenal, then skip Force of Will and Presence leaving room for combat jumping and only get the +rech from Adrenal? Maybe a compromise?

Thoughts? Help?

Well, your biggest problem is that the new power pools aren't available yet. That being said, you can't really go wring with Titan/anything. It's an amazing set. I had a titan/will Brute back on live that I ran through pretty much everything cranked to +4/x8, and all the enemies did was feed the machine.

Gah! Fair enough. I'm in Pines and it seemed extra tasty. :P

I suppose I'll have to wait to try and reinvent the wheel. I guess a more baseline question is: Are hastened lightning reflexes enough? The idea being: Hopefully my combo would look like D. Sweep, T. Sweep, Whirling Smash, D. Sweep, T. Sweep. Arc of Destruction, reset.

Also: is the fact that even going in with Leadership, Jumping, and Fighting for Combat Jumping, Weave, and Maneuvers to stack as much def+(all) is putting me at about 10% def ? (save Smashing and Melee which is at 27~)

Am I over thinking it? Should I just play the thing and try it out? Do I really want to be a god of thunder? Find out next time on, "Djaris obsesses over game systems!"

Speaking of TW/WP i have been looking everywhere for a build for the class. I have not found anything yet. Could anyone point me in the way of the build or give me the build for pines that would be of great help.

There are various TW's  and WP's that people have listed builds for.  I don't think it would be too hard to cobble the two together to give you a working build that may satisfy you.

Also lets keep in mind that with how easy it is to level a character and how easy it is to come buy respec's making something that you like and seeing how it goes and then changing it later isn't that hard either.