[Neutral] [46-54] The Ghost In The Machine - Arc ID: 33968

Ankylosaur

The AE system is being hacked! Will you defend it or help expose its dark secrets? [SFMA]

• Like 1

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

Since initial publish I made some significant changes to the first two missions to make them more distinct and a richer experience. 

M1 involved the Hellions map, loosely based off of the original mission that uses it. I made it much more demony.

I was struggling with the Skulls mission not being distinct, though as their map is similar enough, so  looked for a better one to emulate - a real skulls grand finale. Using the Superadine warehouse, I replaced the "Skulls Office" and gave a much better mission against Veles that is skulls-only (no hellions).

So mission 1 and 2 are now different and more distinctive and involved.

Edited by Ankylosaur

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

I gave this a spin a week ago, and like the 872 other maps by the same author, it's pretty good. The Architect system is being hacked, so an avatar of Dr. Aeon helps you dislodge the intruder. All the actors are very well voiced. This is one of the arcs that actually addresses the player from the point of view of the AE, which raises the possibility that the player really came here to play Sister Psyche's Topless Beach Volleyball.

Sadly, my beach seeking came to an abrupt halt in the fourth mission, which required me to open a safe. However, my arch-nemesis Frostfire had cunningly sealed the safe under a layer of ice, making the objective impossible to complete.

safe.thumb.jpg.1529876a74c31776dad22100589b875a.jpg

Fortunately, after reloading and running that mission again, the safe was accessible in another spot.

Edited by Kyksie

That is terrible that that wall spot exists - it essentially means I should probably make all those back room glowies floor collections instead. The safe is the only required one of course, but still...

Wonder if a filing cabinet would stick through...

Thanks for playing it and sharing your experience! (And for bothering to replay it after encountering that iced safe) 

Working on map 873... :

Edited by Ankylosaur

• 4 months later

Made some changes to this to fit it into All That Glitters as described here...

• 1 year later

Long ago this was removed from All That Glitters. I just updated it to reflect the updated changes in game by updating the custom main boss at the end.