Trap/Rifle mashup

unblocked

If I take one of the trap/ builds and one of the /rifle builds I can find on the forums and mash those together, would I get a good soloing defender?

I hope the answer will be yes since there's no actual trap/rifle build that I can see. And I loathe those dumb pistol animations so rifle is what it's gotta be.

Most any solid traps build that chases ranged and/or S/L softcap is going to give you a solid soloer, regardless of secondary. You will have to translate the set bonuses accordingly for AR if you want to have a strong build.

For example, don't take a Traps build that chases resistance and melee defense and combine it with an /AR build that is chasing Ranged defense. You will end up with a piddling amount of both and waste your set potential.

Traps overall has a lot of built-in soloability, before you even taken other factors into account. You have strong base defense, mez protection, an alpha breaker, and other distractions to keep the mobs busy. 

Here is my own Traps/Beam for reference. I have S/L/E incarnate softcap defense (and more), with a heavy focus on extra damage with procs in my secondary. Honestly, if you have FFG and Scorp Shield in your build, you have a lot of freedom for how you build for solo content, as those two basically take care of most of your defensive needs by themselves.

A neat trick that Nemu showed me is slotting the Decimation buildup proc in Seeker Drones. It pops really reliably when you cast the drones, letting you basically use them as a buildup in addition to their normal utility. This is especially helpful in Assault Rifle, which has no Aim equivalent.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Open Source: Level 50 Technology Defender
Primary Power Set: Traps
Secondary Power Set: Beam Rifle
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Caltrops -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(5), PstBls-Dam%(5), JvlVll-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Single Shot -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), GldJvl-Dam%(27), ExpStr-Dam%(45)
Level 2: Triage Beacon -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(7), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(17), Prv-Heal(17), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 4: Cutting Beam -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dam%(34), JvlVll-Acc/Dmg(34), JvlVll-Dam%(37), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(37), TchofLadG-%Dam(37)
Level 6: Acid Mortar -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(11), Apc-Acc/Rchg(13), TchofLadG-%Dam(13), GldJvl-Dam%(15), ShlBrk-%Dam(29)
Level 8: Force Field Generator -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(9), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(9), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 10: Disintegrate -- SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(40), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 12: Poison Trap -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(25), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(29), NrnSht-Dam%(45)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 18: Seeker Drones -- CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Dcm-Build%(23), CldSns-ToHitDeb(33), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(33), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(34)
Level 20: Lancer Shot -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(21), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), GldJvl-Dam%(33)
Level 22: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Penetrating Ray -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dam%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42), ExpStr-Dam%(50), StnoftheM-Dam%(31)
Level 30: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(43), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 38: Overcharge -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(39), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(39), PstBls-Dam%(40), TchofLadG-%Dam(40)
Level 41: Web Envelope -- GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 44: Piercing Beam -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(45), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(48), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(48)
Level 47: Summon Disruptor -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(50), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
------------

Edited by Onlyasandwich