Any suggestions for a Savage Melee/Bioarmor?

Nihil

Hey just returned and wanting to do a brute and thinking of going Savage Melee with Bioarmor. Was wondering if anyone has done this combo and has any suggestions of must gets or things to avoid? Neither of these sets existed when I last played so really any advice would be good.

I tried it but felt way too squishy for my taste so I deleted it in the mid 20's. I think lack of synergy was part of the problem so now trying DM/Bio and looking for something to pair Savage Melee with, probbaly Fire buty still undecided.

It strikes me as odd you call the set squishy and yet are trying it with another attack powerset.

Having a Savage Melee/Bio Scrapper, I have repeatedly had the thought in the back of my mind that Savage/Bio might be at least as good on the Brute. Blood Frenzy stacks while held reduce endurance cost and I have noticed my scrapper is not bothered by endurance issues in the least. Sustained attack should enable a Brute to build and keep Frenzy.

As goes squishiness, being a hybrid armor set, I think you're going to need/want to take Toughness and Weave.

• 1 month later

Echo Erratic1,

Although peoples play styles factor in any sets viability, Bio is one of my favorite armors. It's a "Jack of all trades" set IMO. I had one at 50 and can tell you it isn't squishy and I would solo +4 x8 on everything except Arachnos mobs.

Deleting the toon in the 20s was probably way too soon. Three core powers from Bio aren't available until 28+ and unless you were rocking catalyzed enhancements you weren't taking advantage of set bonuses.

If you have the patience you should try anything/Bio. My personal favorites Spines, Staff, Savage Melee, Rad. Soon I'll add TW to the list.

Tbh deleting it was the right choice, Savage I found it underwhelming at higher lvls while Dark Melee gave me all the survivability I lacked before with Siphon Life. Can't be happier with my DM/Bio, the dmg is incredible and he's tough as nails.

Tbh deleting it was the right choice, Savage I found it underwhelming at higher lvls while Dark Melee gave me all the survivability I lacked before with Siphon Life. Can't be happier with my DM/Bio, the dmg is incredible and he's tough as nails.

<akes sense, SL is available at level 8 you're getting an active heal really early which goes a really long way.

DM is actually really nice with Bio, Dark Consumption and Soul Drain are very good in dealing with minion fodder and Genetic Cont. should take care of the leftovers. The - To Hit pairs nicely with Bio's defense. Midnight Grasp and Siphon Life are heavy hitters and SL gives you a 4th heal.

Out of curiosity, how often do you have DC and SD up?

If Siphon Life, an attack with an built in healing component, is what it took to be survivable, then the issue here was not with Savage Melee since no other primary has a power like Siphon Life and so survivability would presumably have been an issue with every other primary.

Glad DM is working for you. I am a fan of it, having both DM/Elec and DM/Rad brutes. With the right armor set, you're an unstoppable force.

Edit: I was in a group being run and tanked by a 40-something SM/Bio brute this past weekend. He certainly seemed sturdy enough. I recall because I remember commenting to him how his performance made me almost wish I'd made my SM/Bio as a Brute instead of a scrapper.

If Siphon Life, an attack with an built in healing component, is what it took to be survivable, then the issue here was not with Savage Melee since no other primary has a power like Siphon Life and so survivability would presumably have been an issue with every other primary.

True, although many other primaries also offer other forms of dmg mitigation, such as Stone Melee, Mace, Ice... in this case I have been partial to DM from pretty much I started playing but I am sure the result would have been same or similar enough with other forms of dmg mitigation