You know what's fun? KO Blow

Nemu

I have a pretty standard approach to building my blasters - Scorpion Shield and softcapped S/L/R with a health dose of slow resist.

But I've always been drawn to KO blow, and the thought of pairing that with any of the heavy hitter T9s makes me giddy. But scorpion shield have always stood in the way.

I decided to try something different from my standard formula and do what I always wanted to do, and the result is super fun!

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Moira Curie: Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Dark Blast
Secondary Power Set: Atomic Manipulation
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Leviathan Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Gloom -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(7)
Level 1: Electron Shackles -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Negatron Slam -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(13), HO:Nucle(15), HO:Nucle(17)
Level 4: Umbral Torrent -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(7), Ann-ResDeb%(9), HO:Nucle(15), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(19)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(19), WntGif-ResSlow(21)
Level 8: Moonbeam -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(9), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(11), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), StnoftheM-Dam%(13)
Level 10: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 12: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 14: Ionize -- HO:Membr(A)
Level 16: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 18: Abyssal Gaze -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(23), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(23), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(27), Apc-Dmg(43), Apc-Dam%(45)
Level 20: Metabolic Acceleration -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(21), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(46), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(48), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(50), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(50)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(25), ShlWal-Def(25), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(27)
Level 26: Life Drain -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(46)
Level 28: Atom Smasher -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(29), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(40)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 32: Blackstar -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(34)
Level 35: Bile Spray -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(36), Artl-Dam/Rech(36), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(36), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(37), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(37)
Level 38: Positronic Fist -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(39), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Mk'Bit-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Knockout Blow -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(42), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(43)
Level 44: Shark Skin -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), HO:Ribo(48), ResDam-I(48)
Level 47: Beta Decay -- HO:Enzym(A)
Level 49: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
------------

Ranged defense > S/L or melee defense if you know what you are doing even for builds like this which has a fair emphasis on melee attacks. I was concerned about not hitting the S/L softcap as I normally do with Scorpion shield but when one's used to jousting in and out of combat it did not feel like a huge loss. Umbral torrent is very reliable KD and buys me breathing room, combined with a healthy amount of S/L resist, the -to hit effect, and life drain, this build is plenty survivable. Finally, using KO blow and then follow it up with a Posi Fist just feels awesome!

The 80" cone on umbral torrent is the only thing that I wish could be different. I often find myself tagging the next group when I joust in and out of combat and use that power, so for tricky mob placement one has to be very strategic about where to position that power.

Otherwise a very fun and satisfying build. And if you want to break your love affair with Scorpion Shield give this a shot!

Edited by Nemu

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

I am leveling a dark/atomic these days and he is quite fun.  I love to jump into melee range and wreak havoc.   I am running him with a higher difficulty than my new blasters usually attempt, he is that good.  

He is currently level 28 and not running with set bonuses but I am planning something similar.  My main difference is that I will be grabbing Flame Mastery for the hold and shield.  He will be hard capped to s/l resistance and about 35% ranged defense.  I know it isn't optimal but the -to hit in the attacks will help with that.  

Umbral Torrent is a great mitigation power, but I have the same problem with the range allowing me to tag the next group.  I then need to run for my life. 

If I was at home I would post my proposed build.  It can probably use some tweaking that a second perusal would get me.