Possible Solution for runtime install requests and 32bit only launcher

Auranyte

So I had the issue where the new launcher would always say it needs a runtime to install each launch.  I also noticed I was unable to launch the game in 64bit mode. (not even an option to change it in the launcher settings)

I was getting ready to uninstall and blow away all my Homecoming folders when I noticed/realized a problem.  The shortcut created by the installer is pointing to the bin\win32 folder.  After trying the launcher in the bin\win64 folder I stopped getting the runtime install popup and was able to toggle between 32bit and 64bit.

So if you keep getting the runtime install prompt try navigating to the Homecoming\bin\win64 folder and using the launcher there.  If it works, create a desktop shortcut for it and delete the old shortcut.

Devs, I would suggest figuring out how to make a single launcher exe that can run as both 64 and 32 bit on all required OS'es.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Auranyte said:

So if you keep getting the runtime install prompt try navigating to the Homecoming\bin\win64 folder and using the launcher there.  If it works, create a desktop shortcut for it and delete the old shortcut.

This worked for me, no more runtime error and able to launch in 64 bit. Thanks @Auranyte