New Launcher question

Slithershot

So, I've downloaded your new launcher. Just found out about it. Took me awhile to get it downloaded... had to completely shut down my anti-virus in order to get it over the walls.

First question.... why did I have to shut down my anti-virus to install your launcher?

Secondly, this pops up every single time I open the launcher... again, why? 

I'm no technical expert so is there something nefarious lurking or what? I'm not saying ya'll are trying to install viruses on my system but bitdefender sure as hell is worried about you 😛

danger will robinson.png

Speaking as a player, not in any way affiliated with Homecoming, and who has a little IT knowledge...

It's just a false positive by an anti-virus program that doesn't recognize the launcher. It's actually fairly common with home brewed programs. Also, I've had the launcher installed on my system for over a month now. It's not a virus or malware. It's just a false positive.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Speaking as a player, not in any way affiliated with Homecoming, and who has a little IT knowledge...

It's just a false positive by an anti-virus program that doesn't recognize the launcher. It's actually fairly common with home brewed programs. Also, I've had the launcher installed on my system for over a month now. It's not a virus or malware. It's just a false positive.

That's what I'm tryin to figure out, why? And how do I fix it? 😛

Most anti-Malware and anti-virus programs have an option to declare a certain program as "safe."

From Google:

"Bitdefender detects a safe application as ransomware

1. Click on Protection, on the left side bar of the Bitdefender interface.

2. In the SAFE FILES pane, click Application access.

3. The apps that have requested to change files in your protected folders are listed. Click on the switch next to the application you are sure is safe, and set it to Allow."

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

I've just had the same problem with the new installer v Bitdefender.

I added the (newly created) CoH folders on my desktop to the Bitdefender exceptions, and that didn't help.  To fix this issue, I had to add 'cdn.homecomingservers.com' as an exception to the Online Threat Protection module in Bitdefender.  (Protection --> Online Threat Protection settings --> Manage Exceptions --> Add an exception)

• Thanks 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

9 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

I've just had the same problem with the new installer v Bitdefender.

I added the (newly created) CoH folders on my desktop to the Bitdefender exceptions, and that didn't help.  To fix this issue, I had to add 'cdn.homecomingservers.com' as an exception to the Online Threat Protection module in Bitdefender.  (Protection --> Online Threat Protection settings --> Manage Exceptions --> Add an exception)

this one worked, thank you

• Like 1