BigKahuna337

I build alot of Blasters, I'm noticing 3 in particular that seems to have changed since the recent update. My Fire/Temp, Elec/Martial, and Ice/Plant each have a secondary toggle power that USED TO heal the toon for approx 100HP every 3 seconds or so. Temporal Protection, Reaction Time and Frigid Protection, very useful for a Farming Blaster. Now I notice none of these do that. Was this a change? If so why, why, why..why not just leave the game alone? If not, I guess I picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue, I must have been imagining it..

Those powers don't provide heals, they provide what acts as temporary HP in a pool that slowly refills again. They were changed with the most recent update but they stiff function essentially the same, with the changes being to how large the pool is (it was made larger) and it filling more gradually now.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Well I mean call it what you want, but I know ever 3 seconds or so I would tick off 100 or so HP, now it doesn't. Besides a small recovery buff, this was the main reason I used this power. So IDK how they could be viewed as essentially the same but I do appreciate the feedback. 

If you want to see the numbers tick off you have to go into the tailor and customize the power option. There's one for restoring the floaty numbers.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

37 minutes ago, BigKahuna337 said:

Besides a small recovery buff, this was the main reason I used this power.

That "small" recovery buff is 50% and it's the largest in the game. Try toggling it off and see what happens to your endo bar. This is what most people would value the most with this type of Blaster power.

Also like Frostbiter mentioned, it's still there, they just disabled by default the green floaties
image.png.4f1f4502617c1449cccdec52e243a121.png

To the first point, seeing the numbers tick off is besides the point. The power used to heal me and does not anymore. This sucks for a Farming Blaster. To the second point, the recovery buff is nice I guess but useless once you get T4 Ageless which I use on all my farming toons.

15 hours ago, BigKahuna337 said:

I've been with this game a long time since '03 or '04. And it seems like whenever players find a niche like farming Blasters in this case, the nerfs come out in full force. I just have never understood the thought process.

Honestly, all three of these powersets have always been Absorbs, not Heals.  They're all newer powersets that were introduced at/post-shutdown, and they were all designed to use the new Absorb mechanic.   Mids is still on its I26 version, so you can take a look in there to confirm it.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!