Brute Electric Melee power poll part 2

wjrasmussen

1. power survey: check which you would recommend: should take, should skip, or it is ok?   

11 members have voted

1. 1. 1. power survey: check which you would recommend: should take, should skip, or it is ok?

• Chain Induction (level 18) Shoud Take
    • Chain Induction (level 18) it is ok
    • Chain Induction (level 18) Shoud skip
    • Lightning Clap (level 26) Shoud Take
    • Lightning Clap (level 26) it is ok
    • Lightning Clap (level 26) Shoud Skip
    • Lightning Rod (level 32) Shoud Take
    • Lightning Rod (level 32) it is ok
    • Lightning Rod (level 32) Shoud Skip
    • Electric Melee Power set is great
    • Electric Melee Power set is good
    • Electric Melee Power set is ok
    • Electric Melee Power set is weak
    • Electric Melee Power set is bad
    • I have played a Brute with Electric Melee
    • I have not played a Brute with Electric Melee
    • I want to see more of these polls
    • I don't want to see more of these polls

It's not acting multiple choice.   I tend to skip Lightning Clap and always take Lightning Rod and Chain Induction.  My first brute was an Elec/Elec on Live on launch of CoV and recreated her as one of the first chars of mine on HC.   My favorite Sapper hunter.

28 minutes ago, lemming said:

It's not acting multiple choice.   I tend to skip Lightning Clap and always take Lightning Rod and Chain Induction.  My first brute was an Elec/Elec on Live on launch of CoV and recreated her as one of the first chars of mine on HC.   My favorite Sapper hunter.

sorry about that.  Check box now checked for multiple choice

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

Playing a double electric tanker, I took Chain Induction and Lightning Rod, and skipped Lightning Clap.  Both the chain attack and the teleport PBAE powers work pretty well IMO.  Chain is just more of what you're good at with electric melee - an end drain damaging multitarget effect.  The recharge seems reasonable, and the chain versus cone or radius effect gives you some more flexibility in terms of positioning and such - you can chain to guy behind you that wouldn't get hit by Jacob's Ladder.  It's cool to teleport into the middle of a group of enemies with Lightning Rod and blast them - why would you not want to do this?  The area seems noticeably larger than Thunderstrike, it basically hits a whole spawn even before they cluster on you.  The cooldown has been mostly once every other fight, although that was before I got some global recharge things.  The one potential problem, other than the recharge, is that you really want enemies to cluster up, and opening with a knockdown that is wider than your other powers can them all bunching up.  OTOH, you can just follow it up with the chain while they get up which should still be hitting several enemies.  I have not experimented with Lightning Clap, and skipped it based on other suggestions - however, it doesn't exactly sound appealing either.  It looks like a no damage Thunderstrike.  Maybe on a squishy character that would be more appealing. 

I have not played other melee sets to the same levels and content variety as my tanker, so I don't have that much of a basis for comparison.  

However, I would note that the secondary effect on electricity powers is endurance loss for the targets.  This doesn't do anything unless you drain their endurance all the way, and electric melee by itself, even on tanker who has had bad gear, is still generally killing people before that happens.  So if you aren't combining it with some other endurance steal powers (electric armor and ice armor both have them, as do other sets or potential teammate combos) or something along those lines, you basically lose half the secondary effects of your attacks.