Super Reflexes question(s)

Pogoman

Hello all! Finally, after three months, got my laptop fixed! which means..today was my first day in-game! So, I quickly made Pogoman, my beloved MA?SR scrapper! and immediately have a question regarding super reflexes and the leaping pool specifically: between practiced brawler,combat jumping and acrobatics, I am pretty sure I do NOT need acrobatics since the other two do the same thing acrobatics does. But, do I need both practiced brawler and combat jumping? I'm trying to remember. Thank you in advance for any and all help/advice/etc!

Also look for this Friday night and the return of the Paragon Radio podcast! I will be broadcasting LIVE from the steps of City Hall! (usually it's every Friday night from 9-10:30pm est!) we discuss all things Superherodom!

Welcome back!

Since you can slot any of your defensive or resistant powers (such as Tough) with knockback protection IOs, I can safely say, in general, your character would not need acrobatics. Practiced brawler has you covered.

Combat jumping will help add a small amount of defense and immobilization protection and jump height, but again, in general for your character it's not necessary. It only comes down to preference for your build.

In case you are unaware, there is an updated version of Mids Hero Builder called "Pine's Hero Builder" that you can use to create your builds with, just fyi.

See you around in Paragon City! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Practiced Brawler: definitely needed. This is your status effect protection so if you don't want to spend time stunned, held or knocked around, get this and slot it for recharge to have it up all the time.

Acrobatics: 100% unnecessary in PvE because PB already does everything Acrobatics covers, but better. It might be worth it in some niche PvP builds to stack with PB, but I assume this isn't relevant for you.

Combat Jumping: optional, but useful. While the Immob protection is useless for you, the Defense stacks nicely with Super Reflexes and it's a pretty good tool for maneuvering as a melee character. I typically take it on all melee chars just for the combat movement.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Thank you all for helping refresh my memory. I guess in the years since we've been in coh I lost all my mids builds.. ah well. As for this new pines program. it will not open for me. I click and right-click on the setup.exe and I get an error message. error reading setup initialization file or something like that. Any ideas on how to get the file open would also be of great help as well.