Movement powers for specific task forces?

duckman

So this may have been covered and my search-fu is just not good enough to have found it...  Feel free to link to other posts if they cover this or are related.

I have not played since back on the original (commercial) servers and I didn't get to a lot of the later TFs.  I am not familiar with what they look like or how they need to be handled as a tank.

My question is given the current state of the game (Jan 2021) and the existing TFs, are there specific movement requirements in order to tank these days (or can I choose my movement based on my powers and fine tuning my resists and personal playstyle)?  I'm not thinking of power-specific needs like teleport being required for Stone...  I'm thinking of limitations like (preface this with a statement that I don't recall this TF) "Lady Grey TF requires flight to reach the MOBs you need to tank".

Will my movement power limit what TFs I can tank?

Lady Grey likes flight because

Spoiler

There is a fight with Hamidon

But really that's the only TF I can think of that has something special like that.  This is also easily overcome with the P2W jetpack you can buy.

• Thanks 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

No, not really.  Especially since jetpacks are basically thrown at you from multiple sources and are super cheap at the P2W vendor.  

Take whatever travel power(s) you want and just make sure to have a spare jetpack temp power or two, in case you need it.  Generally that goes for every character that doesn't take Fly/Mystic Flight.

Some people recommend having flight for tanking Lord Recluse in the MLTF or fighting Hami, but tanking Recluse is a bit unnecessary in the current Incarnate meta (IE, handling the fight as a deathball works just as well as someone tanking him, and the fight can be done tank-less) and fighting Mitos goes real quick, even if a few people are just jumping to punch them.

Edited by Omega-202
  • Thanks 1