40 FPS Max?

RickTacular

I have a modern computer that's played, for instance, Final Fantasy XIV at max settings at a consistent 60 FPS (the only thing holding me back being the refresh rate of my monitor). So why is it that I have such crummy frames when I'm playing CoH? I have things set to max and while I'm not getting, say, 10-15 or anything horrible like that, I am only getting 20-40 when I know my rig can do better. Any thoughts/ideas/opinions? My specs are:

i5 3.2 GHz

16 gb RAM

Radeon RX 590 (8 gb)

And if you really *really* want to look into the guts of it, here is the CPU-Z txt.

Thanks.

~Rick~

RIck's PC.txt

1. What resolution are you running?
  2. CoH's engine is an odd duck.  Back on live, I worked with a friend at NVIDIA to see what kind of gains things like Quadros and SLI (double, triple, quad) delivered.  The answer?  Nearly negligible.  Always saw tiny FPS gains, but was able to crank quality settings.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

16 hours ago, RickTacular said:

I have a modern computer that's played, for instance, Final Fantasy XIV at max settings at a consistent 60 FPS (the only thing holding me back being the refresh rate of my monitor). So why is it that I have such crummy frames when I'm playing CoH? I have things set to max and while I'm not getting, say, 10-15 or anything horrible like that, I am only getting 20-40 when I know my rig can do better. Any thoughts/ideas/opinions? My specs are:

i5 3.2 GHz

16 gb RAM

Radeon RX 590 (8 gb)

And if you really *really* want to look into the guts of it, here is the CPU-Z txt.

Thanks.

~Rick~

RIck's PC.txt 61.82 kB · 3 downloads

You max out at 40 first person shooters?

Need to up your game 😄

Hyperstrike: Currently I have it set to "Borderless (Monitor 1)", which is set to 1920x1080. The frames don't change if I put it on native resolution or Windowed.

But here's something interesting. Just for funsies I just now experimented with other resolutions. At 1600x900 I get my 60 fps inside Town Hall. lol Oops, but going outside results in 20 again.

Anyway, I think you're right about the graphics engine just being a weirdo. At least I can run it at max settings reasonably.

Thanks for looking anyway.