Profile and character name issue?

Silverback

hey folks, a wee question for more enlightened minds, though im sure the answer will be obvious - before the server disappeared a day or two ago, I had already made a character, but when the current server went live the character

had understandably disappeared - so when I recreated the character the name was already taken - my query is, is it possible that that previous character build still has the name reserved or

is it more likely because another player has gotten the name?

as with my profile, the name was Silverback (and on the new server its Silverback. - obviously id prefer for it to not have the dot hahah)

You could always send a /tell (or an in-game email -- is that functioning?) to that name and see if the owner would be willing to give it up. There's a chance they grabbed it on a whim and aren't terribly attached to it yet.

/getglobalname Silverback (I think that's the command, anyway; it's been a while) would be even better.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)