Mids Update Crash and Corrupt Mids

Clicked Update and it crashed and corrupted Mids so that it wouldn't run any more. 

Temporary solution uninstall and reinstall. 

I have a older version 2.7.2.10 and was able to update in the past with no problems.

Downloaded the current version and it updates just fine.

However if I try to update the old version it crashes and corrupts Mids again.

Pretty sure the new Mids needs to be by itself on the computer since they told us to uninstall all old versions and install the new version fresh.

However, if you are just trying to get the older version running, the update website has changed so auto-update isn't likely to happen.

Edited by Ura Hero

1 hour ago, Ura Hero said:

Pretty sure the new Mids needs to be by itself on the computer since they told us to uninstall all old versions and install the new version fresh.

However, if you are just trying to get the older version running, the update website has changed so auto-update isn't likely to happen.

Thanks.

Since the update button worked in the past, haven't kept up with the new versions since if it ain't broke don't fix it.

After the corruption, took a look at the new one and decided I prefer the old version.

That means I won't get any new updates.

So far the only minor issue is my version having TP friend instead of the new TP anything, which isn't to hard to flip in the back of the head.

Could be a coincidence, but I just noticed that my  Desktop Tequila shortcut was deleted. Found the file and made a new Desktop shortcut. Eventually I'll download the new launcher, just waiting a few months for everyone else to sort out all the bugs.   

Edited by ILIWAPCT
Tequilia Shortcut Deleted

On 1/27/2021 at 12:37 AM, ILIWAPCT said:

Clicked Update and it crashed and corrupted Mids so that it wouldn't run any more. 

Temporary solution uninstall and reinstall. 

I have a older version 2.7.2.10 and was able to update in the past with no problems.

Downloaded the current version and it updates just fine.

However if I try to update the old version it crashes and corrupts Mids again.

If the update is crashing it is most likely due to an invalid requirement. Your Mids probably isn't corrupted but rather it only finished half of the update process in which it renames the old files before removing them. If you look in the install directory you would probably see a bunch of files labeled as .bak (simply remove the .bak from the name of these files and it should restore them to working order)

.NET 4.8 is required for the update feature to work, you cannot update from 2.7.x to 3.x, it requires a reinstall. (2.7.2.10 was the last release for the 2.x series)

For added info join us on our Discord.

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.