Supergroup Portal :: disappearing before time is up

UltraAlt

I've run into a couple of things that can cause a freshly spawned supergroup portal to disappear in less than 10 seconds of casting it.

One of these is being on a team and your level changes.

I have seen this happen repeatedly on a task force.

Task force ends. I'm still on the team. I spawn a supergroup portal to be nice to my teammates. Leader turns in the last mission or leaves the group. Level change. Portal gone.

This happen to me at least 2 or 3 times before I started quitting a task force team before trying to spawn a supergroup portal.

Some powers seem to cancel out the supergroup portal as well.

I have no idea which ones, but, apparently, one that can be caste on  you by players that are not on your team - I'm thinking it was a defender kinetic power but I don't know which one for sure.

I was on a task force. I know that the leveling can cause the issue with the supergroup portal so I leave the team (I have done this quite a few times at this point) before spawning the supergroup portal.

Blam. Get hit with a power not 2 or 3 seconds after casting the portal and it's formation has completed. Portal disappears.

This is the first time that I have experienced this one.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.