War Mace / Bio, looking for feedback/help

NiCad

Below is my War Mace / Bio scrapper.  I've cobbled it together from a few different builds and made a couple of changes.  Feedback with respect to improving it would be greatly appreciated.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Scrapper
Primary Power Set: War Mace
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Pulverize -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(3), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Hct-Acc/Rchg(5), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Hct-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), UnbGrd-Max HP%(11)
Level 2: Jawbreaker -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Mk'Bit-Dam%(15)
Level 4: Inexhaustible -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 6: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 8: Clobber -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(17), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Mk'Bit-Dam%(21)
Level 10: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(23)
Level 12: Adaptation 
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(23), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(25), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(25), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(27), Pnc-Heal(27)
Level 18: Whirling Mace -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(31)
Level 20: Evolving Armor -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(40), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40), RctArm-ResDam(42)
Level 22: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), Ags-ResDam(37), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(37), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Ags-Psi/Status(50)
Level 26: Shatter -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(34)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Heal-I(43), Heal-I(43)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(40), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(46), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 32: Crowd Control -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(37)
Level 35: Genetic Contamination -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(43), Arm-Dam%(45)
Level 38: Parasitic Aura -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(45)
Level 47: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(48)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(48)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(48)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Warworks Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 12: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 12: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 12: Offensive Adaptation 
------------

Edited by NiCad

What are your goals for the build?

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Without knowing your specific goals/concepts I'll just ramble about some powers I've taken on similar classes. I have a War Mace/Invuln Scrapper and a /Bio Stalker. Generally: I invest fewer slots on resistance and defense powers... I typically look for set bonuses elsewhere. This is a matter of personal preference (of course), but I would pull at least three slots from Weave. Note that you can boost (50+5) not just IOs but also the non-unique pieces of PVP sets.

The Kismet +Accuracy (really +ToHit) is a tricky piece. The bonuses help (especially while leveling up). It will only work when Combat Jumping is toggled on. The real advantage of that piece is IMO when using Fast Snipes (because the first 22% of +ToHit translates to MOAR DAMAGE) but you don't have a Snipe, so I feel like there is a better use for that slot.

I didn't see Reactive Defenses Scaling Damage Resistance in the build. Maybe I missed it.

I feel like Hasten is too late in the build for most game content, at least to invest a second slot in it.. I should note that my Stalker has it at lvl 38, my Scrapper doesn't have it all!

Build Up: Even with a full set of 6 Gaussian's this power will %proc at the ceiling of 90%. I encourage you to at least add a second slot here for a Recharge IO (at 50+5). No matter what else you are going for as a Scrapper, you probably want this power available as often as possible.

DNA Siphon can be an effective PBAoE, but it isn't worth slotting for Damage, IMO Accuracy and Recharge serve it better (since it is also a -Regen debuff). Here is the slotting I use (on the Stalker). Touch of the Nictus is providing a global Accuracy bonus, plus more HP. The other 3 slots can be tailored to you preferred %procs.

Level 28: DNA Siphon

• (A) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
  • (39) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Healing: Level 50
  • (40) Touch of the Nictus - Chance for Negative Energy Damage: Level 50
  • (40) Eradication - Chance for Energy Damage: Level 30
  • (40) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage: Level 50
  • (42) Scirocco's Dervish - Chance of Damage(Lethal): Level 50

I think you don't need the second slot in Health (in the level 50 build). I would keep the Miracle, dump Numina. Extra Recovery/Regeneration hits a point of diminishing returns, and Bio has many ways to address Health/Endurance. If you doubt my advise, just play without it unslotted for a bit and see how it affects your play. With all the %PerShifters, you certainly shouldn't need extra Recovery.

EDIT: Does the build include one (and only one) Power Transfer %Heal? If not, I would replace one of the %+End Performance Shifters (preferably from a low-level Auto power) with it. This %proc will only fire once, no matter how many you have. My Scrapper has one slotted in Stamina, but with Bio you may not need one... it's the kind of thing you only need when you need it.

Similarly, I would drop the Panacea Global (slot) from Physical Perfection and include it as one of the five used with the others. I happen to use 5 Panacea plus a 50+5 EndMod in Boundless Energy (I think this is Inexhaustible on Scrappers), and all six pieces of Preventive Medicine in Ablative Carapace.

Just a few comments on the War Mace attacks:

My own preference is to put the ATO pieces in the lower level attacks, and use the Very Rare sets in the higher level attacks. I have considerations of:

1. Getting the 5-piece recharge bonus, while balancing %damage proc rates
  2. Being able to boost Enhancement values (without impacting %proc too much) <- e.g. ED may hamper +Damage, but a small Damage boost (or Endurance discount) goes further on the BIG attacks.

Just as an example, I have Crowd Control 5-slotted with Armageddon and the 6th slot is a +Recharge piece from the Force Feedback set.

The only franken-slotting I have in the War Mac attacks is Whirling Mace, I wouldn't fault anyone for opting for more conventional slotting.

Level 18: Whirling Mace

• (A) HamiO:Nucleolus Exposure
  • (25) HamiO:Nucleolus Exposure
  • (27) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage: Level 50
  • (27) Scirocco's Dervish - Chance of Damage(Lethal): Level 50
  • (29) Eradication - Chance for Energy Damage: Level 30
  • (29) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage: Level 50

Edited by tidge

My goal is to have as much damage output as possible (obviously lol).  My biggest issue with the build currently is that the negative and energy resists are so low.  I'll move some of the attack slots around and see what that gives me

I'll move the Panacea from Physical Perfection to Ablative Carapace with the others.

With respect to the franken slotting.  I am not against it, but Nucleolus are currently over 30 mil in the AH.  That' a bit rich.  I don't mind expensive builds, but they aren't worth 30 mil.

So you'd recommend I move the superior scrappers strikes to pulverize and put a purple set into crowd control instead?  With the extra slot from the health move, would you recommend moving it to Hardened Carapace or maybe dna siphon?  Alternatively it could go into kick for the speed boost set bonus.

26 minutes ago, NiCad said:

My goal is to have as much damage output as possible (obviously lol).  My biggest issue with the build currently is that the negative and energy resists are so low.

I'm not in a position to offer advice with the issue of specific 'resistance holes'... I accept that certain power sets will leave holes and try to lean into the strengths of those sets. You can always craft resistances to certain damage types at a SG base.

I have the 6-pieces of the Superior Scrapper's Strike in Pulverize.

I really like DNA Siphon as a PBAoE %proc 'attack', in addition to it helping against hard targets (via -Regen). For the (exemplar) content where DNA Siphon is available you will probably have a decent attack chain (because of global +Recharge) anyway, but I find it to be very useful when facing large groups of enemies, even if they are 'soft'.

EDIT: Re: Nuceolus HO prices, You can always use common IOs boosted to 50+5. The key IMO is to not skimp on the Accuracy of an AoE attack... you need to hit to have the %procs fire!

FURTHER EDIT (comments on resistance slotting): This is really up to you. I tend to not over-slot Resistances, especially toggles like Tough (feel free to point-and-laugh, but defeating enemies as fast as possible is more important to me than having a little more S/L resistance). <- Other players feel VERY differently about this! It all comes down to what kind of content you want to play and where you want to emphasize slots.

I have 4xUnbreakable Guard in Hardened Carapace, and Tough is where I have (only) the 2 Global +Defense pieces (my Stalker). My scrapper is Invuln, so Tough only holds a Psi Resist piece.

Edited by tidge

With some of your feedback tidge I've made some changes.  This build is coming out a bit ahead of the other

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Mace Crimson: Level 50 Mutation Scrapper
Primary Power Set: War Mace
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Pulverize -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(7)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), UnbGrd-Max HP%(11)
Level 2: Jawbreaker -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(11), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Hct-Acc/Rchg(13), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Hct-Dam%(15)
Level 4: Inexhaustible -- PrfShf-End%(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(48)
Level 6: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 8: Clobber -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(17), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Mk'Bit-Dam%(21)
Level 10: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(23)
Level 12: Adaptation 
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(23), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(25), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(25), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(27), Pnc-Heal(27), Pnc-Heal/+End(48)
Level 18: Whirling Mace -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(31)
Level 20: Evolving Armor -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(40), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40), RctArm-ResDam(42)
Level 22: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), Ags-ResDam(37), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(37), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Ags-Psi/Status(50)
Level 26: Shatter -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(34)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(42), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(42), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(43), ScrDrv-Dam%(43)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(40), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(46), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 32: Crowd Control -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Acc/Rchg(36), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Arm-Dam%(37)
Level 35: Genetic Contamination -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(43), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(45)
Level 38: Parasitic Aura -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(45)
Level 47: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(48)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Warworks Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 12: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 12: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 12: Offensive Adaptation 
------------

Edited by NiCad

You should definitely try it and see how it does. It looks like you should be able to have fun with the build.

The only specific area where I will quibble is that I feel like you have a few too many extra slots dedicated to Recovery (and +End, for many builds one %+End Performance Shifter is 'enough')) and Regeneration. Of course, I don't know how 'hot' you intend to run (or at what content level), but my experience has been that with the Accolades you should play fine for most content. As I wrote above, an unslotter is a small price to pay to check this on a 'complete' build.

I have just one area where I feel a little more serious: The small number of slots that you could free up in from the extra recovery can be used to make Build Up available more often... and that will be a tremendous boost to damage from your primary attacks. (Keep the Gaussian's %Build Up there, IMO this is one of the few 'high-level-only' sets that is worth keeping in a low level power). As a Scrapper, typically you want to be able to excel at damage dealing and the Build Up (w/ 90% proc chance) is key to this. Don't sell your primary short!

Remember that you can toggle your Bio-focus between Offense/Defense/Recovery.

I'll let you know how the build goes and repost here.  The toon is currently only level 25 and is having a few end issues.  I will definitely take your suggestions to mind and see what the sweet spot is for end reduction.  If I can turn that into more damage, I'm definitely interested.