Blessing of the Zephyr: Bonuses at all levels or not?

tidge

I was playing around with a character where I happened to have three slots in a power that can take the Universal Travel set Blessing of the Zephyr. The text for the set implies that this set hevaes like a Very Rare/PVP set, "The bonuses are independent of level", blah blah blah fishcakes, so I thought I'd drop level 50 pieces into it, boost the Endurance piece etc. (Don't judge me, I had them lying around!)

Anywho, while running lower level content I noticed that I was getting tossed around like a doll, and than my travel speeds seemed a lot slower than I expected. I eventually attuned the -Knockback piece and all was well... the Knockback was no longer an issue. I am led to believe that these pieces really don't behave like the PVP/Very Rare sets.

Is this something others have noticed about this set?

This set does not have Very Rare set behavior. It's a regular, non-PvP set, and it follows the regular rules for stopping working if you're exemplared too low below the pieces you have slottted, or below the level of the set. (The latter is harder, since this set goes down to level 10.)

That set bonus phrasing seems unusual to me, and I don't see it on the actual enhancements. Where is it from?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UberGuy said:

That set bonus phrasing seems unusual to me, and I don't see it on the actual enhancements. Where is it from?

I didn't log into the game to get exact wording (slaps wrist) but you should be able to check the wording from the Auction House. IIRC, it is similar wording to the Overwhelming Force (which only exist as attuned) and Winter travel (which exists at many levels, as well as attuned) sets.

Edited by tidge

Overwhelming Force is an attuned set, which levels with you and whose set bonuses apply at any level down to the set's minimum level -3. Its rules are, therefore different.

I looked at the enhancements and the recipes in the AH, and the closest thing I see is the statement that "Effectiveness does not vary with level", which is standard on every crafted (not attuned) enhancement, even generics, and is a reference to the fact that they don't behave like SOs and stop working as you level past them.