Staff/Ninjitsu Pointers?

CraterLabs

So I finally got a Stalker to level 50 (got her to level 49 back on live, nice to finally finish this). Mostly I just play by myself with occasional supergroup teaming and task forces for fun, so detailed power optimization is something I've never really looked into (I've tried using Mids a couple times, but I just get kinda baffled by how what I do there is supposed to be different from when I do it in the game). I'm not actually sure what my level-by-level power selections were like I see in most of the builds that people have here, but I was wondering if anyone could see any, like... massive red flags from the following powers (I've got a few notes in the margins next to them for things that I'm thinking about as I move forward, or for other purposes. Most of these powers have a set of Single Origin or Invention Origin enhancements in them, though I'll note exceptions when they pop up)

Staff Fighting - (Right off the bat-shaped staff, the lack of Placate in this list is probably glaringly obvious. For some reason it just never... felt right? It's definitely on my list for adding once some other powers get removed in a respec since it fits not only the generally agreed upon methodology for competent fighting but also the character concept. Nothing fancy here, though it's worth noting that while each power in this set tends to follow the basic set of SO enhancements, I've usually got one per power that's unique based on whatever rider effect the attack carries with it)

• Mercurial Blow
  • Precise Strike (An Endoplasm Exposure (+Acc/+Mez Hami-Origin) enhancement is here, now that I'm a high enough level to actually face off against the Hamidon.)
  • Guarded Spin
  • Assassin's Staff
  • Build Up
  • Eye of the Storm (I've slowly purchased four of the Assassin's Mark set and put them here. They're all attuned (which I'm led to believe is the preference for people who team at lower levels or do flashback systems a lot, right?) though I've not yet had a chance to pick up the +Chance To Build Up enhancement. Not sure if this is the best set for it, but it's been all right so far.)
  • Serpent's Reach
  • Sky Splitter

Ninjitsu

• Hide (Accidentally gave this a second enhancement slot, which I certainly intend to rectify when I do a respec)
  • Ninja Reflexes (Kismet: Endurance/Recharge has found a home here for now.)
  • Danger Sense (One single lonely Luck Of The Gambler (+Def) sits here, attuned.)
  • Caltrops
  • Kuji-In Rin
  • Kuji-In Sha
  • Smoke Flash
  • Blinding Powder (A Lysosome Exposure (Acc/Def Debuff/To-Hit Debuff Hamidon Origin) Enhancement is sitting in a slot for this.)
  • Kuji-In Retsu

Inherent Fitness

• Stamina (Mentioned only because I wound up slotting it. I'm like eighty percent sure that's a rookie mistake, but it was such a nice early fix for End problems, and became a home for some spare Efficacy Adaptor enhancements I acquired that would probably have a better home over in Kuji-In Retsu or something)

Leaping

• Combat Jumping (Put Springfoot here on a whim. I figured hey, what not?)
  • Super Jump (Possibly something I could trade away since I mostly rely on Ninja Run to get around. But I also know that the times when I prefer Super Jump to Ninja Run are times when I REALLY prefer Super Jump to Ninja Run.)
  • Spring Attack (While this is mostly just for flavor, I've kept it for a while for its (admittedly limited) utility as both a means to navigate through tricky places that standard jumping and flipping won't reach. and also as a way to contribute more to the task forces where the rest of the team is wiping out huge cadres of enemies largely before I can finish my first Assassin's Staff attack. Also, this is home to a single Eradication enhancement which felt like a better deal back at level te.e)

Body Mastery - (While the shurikens and exploding shurikens available in other ancillary pools tempted me, this set wound up feeling more in tune with the "spirit" of the character. Plus this had fewer powers that messed with my existing flow of moves or required a redraw animation after use (not that that stopped me from getting Laser Beam Eyes...)

• Superior Conditioning
  • Physical Perfection
  • Laser Beam Eyes (This is one of the only powers where I've actively said "I think it's less fun when I play with this." It was a nice addition to the character's flavor since she's reportedly known for terrorizing the crooks of Talos Island with a deadly glare, so playing it as a semi-psychic ability that goes along with the rest of her training felt appropriate, but it didn't click initially, and I wound up wishing I'd picked Focused Accuracy instead. Ironically, by the time I picked up Focused Accuracy, the power wound up growing on me a bit both as an extra way to finish off runners and also as a compliment to Caltrops or Kuji-In Sha since they also trigger a redrawing animation. So while this power did quickly hop onto my list of things to remove, I got a soft spot for it over time.)
  • Focused Accuracy

So, are there any quick course corrections or fixes that jump at to you? I probably don't need anything in-depth since I don't have a Mids-evel breakdown to make it easier to flip through. The More Than Just A Ninja guide seems to suggest either a straight up damage focus via Musculature or Cardiac and Agility to focus on defense and endurance mitigation... I think I'm leaning toward Musculature between the three, but if/when I respec and de-slot Stamina I might want the extra endurance help.

Combat TP is probably way more useful than Spring Attack (it is for my Staff/Inv anyway). It won't break hide or alert them so you can TP in and do whatever you like quite happily. 

I use a /macro TP "powexec_location target Combat Teleport" macro to ping myself to my current target, BU then Assassinate (solo), Sky Splitter or Guarded Strike them (team).

Can't help with Ninjitsu (I'm Inv) but Staff is hella-annoying in that there's no No Redraw setting for it. So for Ancillaries I went for things that don't need clicks to avoid redraw. So I'd probably skip Laser Beam Eyes sadly (if there was a No Redraw I'd be going for a Snipe personally). 

The Assassins Mark Chance to recharge BU is global (once you've triggered the attack once on a map for some reason it'll try and trigger on all attacks) so I just bunged the set into Precise Strike. Eye of the Storm I went with 5 of the Stalkers Guile (chance for Hide goes into Assassinate, everything else goes here) and a Forced Feedback Proc cos a spurt of Recharge is a nice thing. 

Here's my planned build. Level 42 at the moment and following it pretty closely (without the Winters yet) and it's pretty beastly. 

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Lawn Ornament: Level 50 Natural Stalker
Primary Power Set: Staff Fighting
Secondary Power Set: Invulnerability
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Weapon Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Precise Strike -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(7)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(7), Rct-ResDam%(9)
Level 2: Guarded Spin -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(13), Arm-Dam%(13)
Level 4: Mercurial Blow -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(21), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(23)
Level 6: Assassin's Staff -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dam%(23), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(25), Hct-Dmg(25), Hct-Dam%(27), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(27)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(39)
Level 10: Temp Invulnerability -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(29), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), UnbGrd-Max HP%(34)
Level 12: Dull Pain -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(31), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(31), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(33), DctWnd-Heal(33), DctWnd-Rchg(33)
Level 14: Resist Physical Damage -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), ImpArm-ResPsi(34), Ags-Psi/Status(34)
Level 16: Unyielding -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(36), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 18: Eye of the Storm -- SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(36), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 20: Environmental Resistance -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(40)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 26: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 28: Reinforced -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), DefBuff-I(40), DefBuff-I(40)
Level 30: Serpent's Reach -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), Apc-Dam%(43)
Level 32: Sky Splitter -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dam%(43), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(45), Mk'Bit-Dam%(45), ExpStr-Dam%(45), Dmg-I(46)
Level 35: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 38: Tough Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(47), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(47)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 44: Combat Teleport -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15), SynSck-EndMod(17), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(17)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Mighty Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Marshal 
Level 50: High Pain Threshold 
Level 50: Born In Battle 
Level 50: Invader 
Level 1: Assassination 
------------

And here's the currently live version (SOs as Placeholders and Touch of Death and Oblits in place of Winter sets)

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Lawn Ornament: Level 49 Natural Stalker
Primary Power Set: Staff Fighting
Secondary Power Set: Invulnerability
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Speed

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Mercurial Blow -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(3), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(5), TchofDth-Dam%(5), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7)
Level 1: Hide -- Rct-ResDam%(A)
Level 2: Guarded Spin -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(9), Obl-%Dam(11), Obl-Acc/Rchg(11)
Level 4: Precise Strike -- AssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), AssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), AssMar-Dmg/Rchg(17), AssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(17), AssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), AssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 6: Assassin's Staff -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), Dmg-I(21), Dmg-I(21), StlGl-Rchg/Hide%(23), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(23), TchofDth-Dam%(25)
Level 8: Temp Invulnerability -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(27), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27)
Level 10: Dull Pain -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(29), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg(31), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 12: Resist Physical Damage -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(33)
Level 14: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 16: Unyielding -- ResDam-I(A)
Level 18: Eye of the Storm -- StlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), StlGl-Dmg/Rchg(33), StlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), StlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), StlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 20: Environmental Resistance -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 22: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 26: Serpent's Reach -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(36), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 28: Reinforced -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(37), DefBuff-I(39)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39)
Level 32: Sky Splitter -- Dmg-I(A), Acc(39), Mk'Bit-Dam%(40), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(40), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(40), TchofDth-Dam%(42)
Level 35: Combat Teleport -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 38: Tough Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), DefBuff-I(42), DefBuff-I(42)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: [Empty] 
Level 47: [Empty] 
Level 49: [Empty] 
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(13)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(13), PrfShf-End%(15)
------------

Edited by Carnifax