'Stop release of mutagen' mission by Lorenzo Tate spawns unreasonable ambushes for MMs.

mechahamham

I was helping a mastermind character named Geisha Girl on Excelsior (permission given by her to use her name) to complete her mission 'Stop release of mutagen' given by Lorenzo Tate as part of the 'Will of the Earth' arc.

The giant crystals you have to destroy (not to be confused with small emanators) spawned HUGE, like 17 enemy, ambushes for her and her team of ninjas, while I, a single brute, only got 4 enemies when I attacked one the crystals.

I think she's being hit by the old 'ambush bug'. It's been a good long while since I've played a MM to any level (during the Live era), but I remember getting huge ambushes when I had a full team of pets out.

I suggest looking at the code for ambushes to see if it looks for friendly NPCs to fight rather than just PCs.

• Like 1

This is Geisha Girl, mentioned above.  This is definitely a problem.  It also affected another MM of mine on a similar mission in some caves rather than sewers.  Until it is fixed, I guess I'll have to avoid Lorenzo as a contact for my MM's.  It's definitely no fun suddenly facing a half-dozen each of fungoids, bladegrasses, and bedrocks along with a couple of LT variants.

Edit:  The arc name is "An Unnatural Order" Part 7.

Edited by ElectraBlue
  • Thanks 1