Is Staff/Ninjitsu a good combo?

Tigersoul78

I ran through most of the Scrapper sets to reacquaint myself with CoH, and the only applicable info I can add to your question - Is that the sound set for Staff literally made me stop playing it.

So if you play with your in-game sound on....no it's not good.

Outside of that, early on it felt good. I imagine, like most Scrapper characters, once you build it out a bit and throw some set-bonuses at it - It will feel like a scrapper and perform like a scrapper.

• 2 weeks later

I'm playing one now, and just hit lvl 22.  I haven't slotted IOs yet, but so far he's been my favorite new toon since being back.  The levels of perfection is an interesting mechanic, and using different forms in different situations is starting to make sense to me.  All in all, very engaging.  I particularly love using the stealth/jump/defense toggle with Ninja Run and Sprint - no other travel power needed, at least for leveling.

The defense buff from guarded spin is significant, and makes the defenses of /Nin work even better.  He's easily my most sturdy leveling toon.  I'm running missions set for 5 player atm.  It could do more, but this goes quickly and the exps are good.