Bane build question - What power to take?

A question for you fine and knowledgeable folks.

I am happy with this build except for one power, the level 41 power. Currently, I threw TT: Offensive in there. The accuracy debuff resistance is nice.

Things I have tried and discarded:

• Call reinforcements - The pets are a net negative in my book. I won't bore you with my complaints
  • Web Cocoon - Procs nicely, but just does not work in my attack rotation

What would you suggest? I could swing one more slot to it, but mostly likely it will be a one slot power

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 3.0.0.0
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/Hero-Designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Wasteland Shadow Mixed: Level 49 Magic Arachnos Soldier
Primary Power Set: Bane Spider Soldier
Secondary Power Set: Bane Spider Training
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Bash -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(7)
Level 1: Bane Spider Armor Upgrade -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(9), UnbGrd-Max HP%(11), ImpArm-ResPsi(11)
Level 2: Combat Training: Defensive -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(13), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(15), Krm-ResKB(15)
Level 4: Mace Beam -- GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(A), GldJvl-Dam/Rech(23), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(23), GldJvl-Dam/End/Rech(25), GldJvl-Dam%(25)
Level 6: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 10: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(27), LucoftheG-Def(29)
Level 12: Venom Grenade -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(33)
Level 14: Pulverize -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(33), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(34)
Level 16: Poisonous Ray -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Acc/Rchg(36), Apc-Dam%(37)
Level 18: Frag Grenade -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), Rgn-Dmg(37), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(37), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(39)
Level 20: Shatter -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Rchg(40), Hct-Dam%(42)
Level 22: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 24: Cloaking Device -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Wolf Spider Armor -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(42), GldArm-3defTpProc(42)
Level 28: Surveillance -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 30: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Crowd Control -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(43), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Arm-Acc/Rchg(45), Arm-Dam%(45), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 35: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-Psi/Status(46), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(46), Ags-ResDam(46), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(47)
Level 38: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(47), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 41: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc-I(A)
Level 44: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(49), LucoftheG-Def(49)
Level 1: Conditioning
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(17), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(17), Mrc-Rcvry+(19)
Level 2: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(19), PrfShf-End%(21), PrfShf-EndMod(21)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
------------
------------

Since you have all the other components of the ninja alpha-striker, have you tried Placate? It lets you get more bang for your sneak attack buck, and can even be used as a defensive power for when you really wish Bane Spiders had a self-heal. Of course I'm not sure where you would put it on your hotbar... you've already got 8 attacks plus Surveillance! Do you really use all of those in a typical fight?

Only mace blast underutilized, it's there for lower levels.

Attack chain outside in:

BU->VG->FG->CC->SH->PUL->BASH->PR a runner or SUR the boss, then PR

Inside in:

SUR->BU->SH->PUL->CC->BASH->PR if there is still a clump VG->FG

I have quite a lot of versatility in attack chains. Depends on mob type and how grouped they are.

Here are my binds to help make sense how I manage:

q - Build Up

e - Surveillance

t - Venom grenade

g - Frag grenade

1 - Shatter

2 - Pulverize

3 - Bash

4 - Crowd Control

5 - Poisonous Ray

6 - Mace beam

If you are satisfied with your attacks, I suppose you could do worse than CT: Offensive. It looks like you could slip in a 5th LotG +recharge piece if you wanted by using a different pool power.

There are some other things in your build that I'm not crazy about. I won't call for a pogrom, but I will mention:

• I think Hasten is taken too early in the build. If that's where it fits, I understand... it's just that I've found on almost all my builds that it is a net negative (burns too much Endurance) to have Hasten below a certain level, and that it isn't as important for low level content (where most available attacks already have short recharge times)
  • I'm not crazy about the slotting of Stamina and Health. TLDR: My experience has been that if a build is really on the margins such that those choices for both Regeneration and Recovery are truly impactful, there is almost certainly something else I can do with the build to improve performance.
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, tidge said:

If you are satisfied with your attacks, I suppose you could do worse than CT: Offensive. It looks like you could slip in a 5th LotG +recharge piece if you wanted by using a different pool power.

There are some other things in your build that I'm not crazy about. I won't call for a pogrom, but I will mention:

• I think Hasten is taken too early in the build. If that's where it fits, I understand... it's just that I've found on almost all my builds that it is a net negative (burns too much Endurance) to have Hasten below a certain level, and that it isn't as important for low level content (where most available attacks already have short recharge times)
  • I'm not crazy about the slotting of Stamina and Health. TLDR: My experience has been that if a build is really on the margins such that those choices for both Regeneration and Recovery are truly impactful, there is almost certainly something else I can do with the build to improve performance.

@Tidge I took your advise and swapped haste and wolf spider which gives me better def and KD protection at a lower level. Thank you.

If I am fighting continuously at 50. I will burn through my end slowly and in some end drain and it's a problem. That's with the current slotting.

Two changes in this version, swapped Hasten with Wolf Spider Armor, swapped Toxic Dart for Mace Blast.

Toxic Dart for mace blast is a definite improvement. Quicker cast time, more damage, benefits more from venom grenade.

I have tried builds with the Leviathan pool, but the cones are sub-standard IMO. Narrow arcs, long cast times.

The combo of VG->PR->TD does serious meltage.

Note, Poisonous Ray's range is annoying short, 40. But the good ranged sets don't have any ranged extension.

I soloed Yin's TF at 0x8. The three deaths in the final battle could have been avoided if I played smarter. Use chokepoints better. Impatient mood today.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Wasteland Shadow Mixed: Level 49 Magic Arachnos Soldier
Power Pool: Experimentation

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Bash -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(7)
Level 1: Bane Spider Armor Upgrade -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(9), UnbGrd-Max HP%(11), ImpArm-ResPsi(11)
Level 2: Combat Training: Defensive -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(13), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(15), Krm-ResKB(15)
Level 4: Toxic Dart -- GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(A), GldJvl-Dam%(23), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(23), GldJvl-Dam/End/Rech(25), GldJvl-Dam/Rech(25)
Level 6: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Wolf Spider Armor -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(42), GldArm-3defTpProc(42)
Level 10: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(27), LucoftheG-Def(29)
Level 12: Venom Grenade -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(33)
Level 14: Pulverize -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(33), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(34)
Level 16: Poisonous Ray -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Acc/Rchg(36), Apc-Dam%(37)
Level 18: Frag Grenade -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), Rgn-Dmg(37), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(37), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(39), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(39)
Level 20: Shatter -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Rchg(40), Hct-Dam%(42)
Level 26: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 28: Surveillance -- AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 32: Crowd Control -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(43), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Arm-Acc/Rchg(45), Arm-Dam%(45), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 35: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-Psi/Status(46), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(46), Ags-ResDam(46), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(47)
Level 38: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(47), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 41: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc-I(A)
Level 44: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(49), LucoftheG-Def(49)
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(17), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(17), Mrc-Rcvry+(19)
Level 2: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(19), PrfShf-End%(21), PrfShf-EndMod(21)
------------
------------

Edited by KaizenSoze

5 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

If I am fighting continuously at 50. I will burn through my end slowly and in some end drain and it's a problem. That's with the current slotting.

Note, Poisonous Ray's range is annoying short, 40. But the good ranged sets don't have any ranged extension.

Hide contents

You can always add a 6th slot for a common Range IO (boosted to 50+5).

If you are running with Sprint on all the time, and constantly fighting, and already have the +End accolades, I suggest:

• Slotting Sprint with an End Reducer
  • Slotting an alternate (prestige) Sprint with the Stealth piece (if you want it)

I still feel like you are way past the point of diminishing returns of the Recovery slotting. Consider common IOs boosted to 50+5.

One of my Bane builds also runs hot, but Cardiac took care of it completely at 45+. For lower level content I simply turn off toggles or cycle attacks at a slightly slower pace.

• Thanks 1

There is a saying in software. Software is not released, it escapes. I have tortured this build enough for now. 🙂

Final version for now.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Wasteland Shadow Mixed: Level 50 Magic Arachnos Soldier
Power Pool: Experimentation

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Bane Spider Armor Upgrade -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(9), UnbGrd-Max HP%(11), ImpArm-ResPsi(11)
Level 4: Toxic Dart -- GldJvl-Dam%(A), GldJvl-Dam/Rech(19), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(23), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(23), GldJvl-Acc/End/Rech(25), GldJvl-Dam/End/Rech(25)
Level 6: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(27)
Level 8: Wolf Spider Armor -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(27), GldArm-3defTpProc(29)
Level 10: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(29), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 12: Venom Grenade -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(33)
Level 14: Pulverize -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(34), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(36), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(36)
Level 16: Poisonous Ray -- Range-I(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Dmg(37), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Apc-Dam%(39)
Level 18: Frag Grenade -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), Rgn-Dmg(39), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(40), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(40)
Level 20: Shatter -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Rchg(42), Hct-Dam%(43)
Level 26: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 28: Surveillance -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 32: Crowd Control -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Rchg(45), Arm-Dam%(46)
Level 35: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-Psi/Status(46), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(46), Ags-ResDam(48), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 38: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 44: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 49: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden
Level 2: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(21), EndMod-I(21)
Level 50: Cardiac Radial Paragon
------------
------------