Spark Demon - Demons / EA / Mu - Build finished up

EnjoyTheJourney

Does the following build strike a good balance between damage and survivability?

A couple of personal pecadillos are that having a lot of pet defeats isn't fun (and a big DPS loss, as well) and that having some ability to deal direct damage is desirable. Also, this would be mostly a teaming build. 

A choice was made not to explore end drain as a defensive mechanic. Instead, enhancing recharge and defense were priorities. As a result, hell on earth is up about 50% of the time and key EA powers have a very short recharge (rejuvenating circuit has a 2.21 second recharge, insulating circuit has a 5.52 second recharge, energizing circuit has 11.1 second recharge, ...). Also, defense totals were brought to 19+ across the board so that team buffs and/or insps could fairly easily bring make defense totals into another viable layer of damage reduction. 

Hover was chosen over combat jumping to stay out of the melee fray; this choice leaves a measure of vulnerability to immobilization between castings of Faraday Cage and combat jumping may replace hover, at some point. 

As always, if this helps somebody then that would be a good outcome. But, this build is undoubtedly not perfect and feedback is welcome. 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Spark Demon: Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Demon Summoning
Secondary Power Set: zn_Electrical Affinity
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Summon Demonlings -- SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(15), CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(33), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(33), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(34)
Level 1: Shock -- EffAdp-EndMod/EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Rejuvenating Circuit -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(11), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Prv-Heal/Rchg(13), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(13), Prv-Absorb%(15)
Level 4: Corruption -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Dcm-Build%(9)
Level 6: Enchant Demon -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Crack Whip -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(17), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(17), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), PstBls-Dam%(19), JvlVll-Dam%(21)
Level 10: Energizing Circuit -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(48), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(48)
Level 12: Summon Demons -- SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(23), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(25), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(25)
Level 14: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(46), WntGif-ResSlow(48)
Level 16: Faraday Cage -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), UnbGrd-ResDam(37), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(40), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 18: Hell on Earth -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(36), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(36), EdcoftheM-PetDef(37), SvrRgh-PetResDam(37)
Level 20: Empowering Circuit -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(29)
Level 26: Summon Demon Prince -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(29), ImpSwf-Dam%(31), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(31)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 32: Abyssal Empowerment -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Insulating Circuit -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(40), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(40), Pnc-Heal(43)
Level 38: Charged Armor -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(39), GldArm-RechRes(39)
Level 41: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(42), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(42), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(42), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(43)
Level 44: Electrifying Fences -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(45), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Rgn-Knock%(46), PstBls-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(50), ShlWal-Def(50)
Level 49: Discharge -- PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(5), Mrc-Rcvry+(5)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3), PwrTrns-+Heal(3)
Level 1: Cold Demonling 
Level 1: Fiery Demonling 
Level 1: Hellfire Demonling 
Level 12: Ember Demon 
Level 12: Hellfire Gargoyle 
Level 26: Demon Prince 
Level 50: Pyronic Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
------------

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney

• 2 weeks later

Hello @EnjoyTheJourney

I am no expert by any means, but have run demons/ea and love masterminds. Here is what my humble eyes have spotted -

1. You have hover slotted for slow resist. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Faraday's Cage sort of remedy this? So, its kind of a wasted slot, unless I am missing something?

2. One thing you can do is slot for -end. I have never done it myself, but I have heard good things from others who focused on this effect. One person claimed to keep everything entirely locked down and helpless by keeping them END drained.

3. If you are taking them for fun, nothing wrong with corruption and lash. But every guide from the minmaxers say those are largely bad to use. That are two powers you can put somewhere else, as EA is a very busy set as it is, with lots of clicky-spammy powers going on. Here are some options -

3a. You could swap them for Assault + Vengeance, for more damage and another LoTG mule. You have END to burn running /EA, so I always taken all leadership toggles.

3b. Another option if you wanted something different, would be to take 2 flying powers. Group fly is fairly good now, with no -acc penalty, and it keeps your ranged pets out of harms way quite well. Your tanky melee pet will still run in, but your ranged stuff will stay ranged. Its also good for missions like hami raids if thats something you like to do.

4. Another thought is to take superspeed and burnout. Burnout is very good! I used it with my thugs MM for x2 gangwar. With this, you could use it for x2 Hell on Earth to help boost your normally lowish EA damage. That would be another 38% damage buff on something, like a lore pet, and twice as many cinders running around. I never tried it myself but it might be quite good!

5. Lastly, you may want to try swapping Mu's for another epic pool. I suggest trying out bonfire if you have never tried it. It is like CC but with dots built in. Its fairly strong and on a semifast recast. With my robo MM, the fire patches and bonfire line up perfectly, and dropping bonfire on my big robos patches of fire keeps things from running out. You could do this same sort of tactic, just on whatever you are targeting with your Hell on Earth Power perhaps?

Anyway, I don't see any glaring holes, so that is good. Just spit balling a few ideas about options and changes to suggest. Hope it helps!

Good luck! Happy Masterminding!

• Like 1

Thank you for your feedback!

I had been thinking of adding in a reply to this thread earlier, more or less to pass along that I'd moved on to another MM build combo (I'm currently working a necro / storm / mu MM through incarnates). I didn't because it seemed the thread had been overlooked and nobody would be responding. Now I regret not providing a "closure" post, though, as you've taken the time to share thoughtful input. The better news is that your post has a good change of helping somebody, as it's thoughtful and reasonable. 

Mechanically the build mentioned in the OP above works quite well while leveling and in endgame. The ability to put absorb shields in place, life orbs in good shape, and endurance totals in good shape helps minions and teammates out quite a bit. Faraday cage is a great skill, as well. Also, there is no doubt that those who are more experienced with these sets could take the build to another level with some tweaks (or major changes, perhaps) and could also help it come closer to realizing its potential in actual gameplay. 

The main difficulty was that it wasn't a playstyle that I find enjoyable. It was never fun to play whack-a-mole with allies' ailing life orbs with a character that could heal. And, with EA it is not only possible to heal, but also to provide absorb shields and to help teammates with their endurance totals, which basically means tripling the number of things with which one can play whack-a-mole. It's a good thing there are plenty of people who enjoy that, though, because this kind of MM surely helps teams to be more successful. 

• EnjoyTheJourney changed the title to Spark Demon - Demons / EA / Mu - Build finished up