New Powersets?

Det1994

I want Sonic melee. It honestly wouldn't be that difficult to do. It would offer a faster playstyle that isn't S/L based. I don't care if it is lower damage as it uses the stacking -Res to deal more damage. I don't care that it would be ST heavy. I just want a fast playstyle in the vein of Claws, but you know, not S/L.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

15 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

It would offer a faster playstyle that isn't S/L based.

Isn't this what Psionic Melee is supposed to be?  Honestly Psi Melee seems like it could use a bit of a boost in the animation department, maybe even borrowing some animations from Claws to smooth out the attack chain.  (I tried playing a Psychic/WP stalker, couldn't get past the animations.  I don't think I got past 20 or so.)

I'm not saying "no" to Sonic Melee, just pointing out that there are options and maybe those options could use a bit of a buff too.  Let's see there are Energy Melee, Dark Melee, Cold, Fire, Electric, Rad, Psi... That's most of the exotic damage types already.  Are none of those "faster play style" than the physical sets?  Maybe they should be looked at also.

Oh, thinking about it: vibro-blades used to be the cool weapon in SciFi books, and they were often "sonic" based.  A fisticuffs style of sonic melee would be cool, but so would an energy type damage where you wield a blade.  Could borrow the animations from Kantana and Broadsword.  But a faster sword set that does energy would be cool.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

Isn't this what Psionic Melee is supposed to be?  Honestly Psi Melee seems like it could use a bit of a boost in the animation department, maybe even borrowing some animations from Claws to smooth out the attack chain.  (I tried playing a Psychic/WP stalker, couldn't get past the animations.  I don't think I got past 20 or so.)

I'm not saying "no" to Sonic Melee, just pointing out that there are options and maybe those options could use a bit of a buff too.  Let's see there are Energy Melee, Dark Melee, Cold, Fire, Electric, Rad, Psi... That's most of the exotic damage types already.  Are none of those "faster play style" than the physical sets?  Maybe they should be looked at also.

Oh, thinking about it: vibro-blades used to be the cool weapon in SciFi books, and they were often "sonic" based.  A fisticuffs style of sonic melee would be cool, but so would an energy type damage where you wield a blade.  Could borrow the animations from Kantana and Broadsword.  But a faster sword set that does energy would be cool.

If you skip Evis, and you should, you have one power at 2.5 cast time. The rest are rather low. Psi is also wonky in it's mechanisms and its damage can be really good or painstaking. I can already get that feeling with Claws. I want Claws, Kat, etc fast but with a reasonable damage type.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."