Enhancement Booster Placed in Storage if Salvage Rack is Open While Boosting

GlacialGadgeteer

*Edit* The posters below are correct, and I've changed the title to reflect that. I understand this is at least somewhat known now, but I'm letting the topic sit.

Before adding a booster (27 in inventory).

EnhancementBooster1.thumb.PNG.0a4a74dfebd6477747b066b9b0db147d.PNG

Added a booster to combination tray (26 in inventory).

EnhancementBooster2.thumb.PNG.d9788333a4519db1fc38f9ad7bffd187.PNG

Cancelled without combining and put another booster in combination tray (25 in inventory).

EnhancementBooster3.thumb.PNG.e453db704e2e0795a0f7e4b91247db7f.PNG

Edited by GlacialGadgeteer
Updated Info

Lv 50 Ice/Storm Controller

I've never seen this behavior before with boosters. Just out of curiosity, are you doing this in your base while you have a salvage rack window open? There is a known bug with enhancement catalysts where having a window open for a salvage rack when you are attempting to use a catalyst will move a catalyst to the rack, then apply one in the combine screen, so it looks like it's burning two catalysts (or, if you only have one, making it disappear without applying it to the IO); I wonder if the bug applies to boosters as well, since it's the same UI performing the action. If you did have a salvage rack open, look in that rack and see if your missing boosters are there.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, srmalloy said:

I've never seen this behavior before with boosters. Just out of curiosity, are you doing this in your base while you have a salvage rack window open? There is a known bug with enhancement catalysts where having a window open for a salvage rack when you are attempting to use a catalyst will move a catalyst to the rack, then apply one in the combine screen, so it looks like it's burning two catalysts (or, if you only have one, making it disappear without applying it to the IO); I wonder if the bug applies to boosters as well, since it's the same UI performing the action. If you did have a salvage rack open, look in that rack and see if your missing boosters are there.

Excellent call! I think you might be right on the money. I was using the salvage rack to transfer boosters to a poor alt, withdrew all of them, used as many as I could, then ran off when the alt ran out.

*Edit* Confirmed the items returned to storage as the posters above and below explained.

Edited by GlacialGadgeteer

Lv 50 Ice/Storm Controller

• GlacialGadgeteer changed the title to Enhancement Booster Consumed When Placed in Combination Tray BEFORE Being Combined

They absolutely do. Everything that is usable in crafting does. If you craft IOs with a crafting salvage bin open, the same thing happens. In fact, last I saw, it even complains about things you can't even store in a bin, like Empyrean Merits, if you consume them with a storage bin open. (It says or said something like "you can't store that here".)

• GlacialGadgeteer changed the title to Enhancement Booster Placed in Storage if Salvage Rack is Open While Boosting